The Thrill is Gone (2 Viewers)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 05:02
It seams to be wearing thin of late; this posting on this forum.

The number of post is diminishing and the combination of words is starting to drone on till all I hear is a buzz.

For years I avoided thinking about civic, political, cultural topics instead of more important ones, now it seems that’s all I think about.

I think I’m going to start to wean myself from this place.

It’s been fun chatting with you guys.

KenHigg

Local time
Pop in from time to time and if there's new topic that interests you. By the way, wasn't it you that was doing the woodwork stuff?

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
:( And I just got here! ;)

R

Rich

jsanders said:

The number of post is diminishing and the combination of words is starting to drone on till all I hear is a buzz.

For years I avoided thinking about civic, political, cultural topics instead of more important ones, now it seems that’s all I think about.

Got a bloody nose?

skea

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:02
jsanders said:

Its simply addiction and lack of what to so that brings most of us here.
like you with time we loosen but then tempted-to-touch some times we login.

To the die-hards like rich. He chases his post count. I dont know what for:confused:
For some, its the zeal for access-help that keeps them going,probably for keeping inline with VBA if not chasing for that award from Bill.
For the Newcomers, its just for the feel of it.
But i know either way you take, u will try to drop in and may be just take a read.

Last edited:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
When I first came here there never was political talk. We were an Access help forum...full of diverse and intelligent individuals willing to lend a helping hand and crack a joke without having to bring up political or religious topics. That time seems to long be past... :(

R

Rich

skea said:

To the die-hards like rich. He chases his post count. I dont know what for:confused:
Since the vast majority of my post count is made up now of posts on the main boards maybe you can work it out for yourself:rolleyes:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:02
jsanders said:
For years it wasn't really necessary to think about it, sadly, times have changed for the worse now and the world is a whole different place:(

When people are choosing a holiday destination they used to think "is it hot, sunny, nice beaches etc"

now they think, "is it safe?, will I get blown up?, better not go there, they had a bomb blast last year"

Col

R

Rich

ColinEssex said:
When people are choosing a holiday destination they used to think "is it hot, sunny, nice beaches etc"

now they think, "is it safe?, will I get blown up?, better not go there, they had a bomb blast last year"

Col
That of course doesn't apply to most Americans, they don't venture overseas, well not for a holiday anyway;)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 10:02
Rich said:
That of course doesn't apply to most Americans, they don't venture overseas, well not for a holiday anyway;)
now now Rich, thats not true. I saw an American in Starbucks in Oxford St. once:D

Col

selenau837

Local time
ColinEssex said:
and its always nice to have new members from the colonies;)

Col

Ahh, thanks. Even if you did almost make me cry from being so mean to me in my nut thread. *sniff, sniff* :eek: :D ;)

Y'all are just soooo sweet.;)

In all seriousness, the li'l witty battles between jsanders and Rich/Col/SJ will be missed. Ahh Hades, he battled everyone. The forum has AWSOME Access/VB help, that is brought me here in the first place; however I got addicted to watching the watercooler to see the flying word among the older timers.

So far I am enjoying the forum.

Last edited:
R

Rich

selenau837 said:
the li'l witty battles between jsanders and Rich/Col/SJ .
Josey's getting grumpy lately, I think he's got problems at home/work, if only he'd tell us so we could help him:cool:
Either that or it's the menopause:D

selenau837

Local time
Rich said:
Josey's getting grumpy lately, I think he's got problems at home/work, if only he'd tell us so we could help him:cool:
Either that or it's the menopause:D

Rich, you are soo bad! :p :rolleyes:

R

Rich

selenau837 said:
Rich, you are soo bad! :p :rolleyes:
When I was born,
the nurses all gathered round,
they gazed in wide wonder,
at the joy they had found.................:cool: :D

selenau837