The Thrill is Gone (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 08:20
Rich said:
Josey's getting grumpy lately, I think he's got problems at home/work, if only he'd tell us so we could help him:cool:
Either that or it's the menopause:D
Yes, he started off well but seemed to get a little more shirty recently - still there you go, thats the way the cookie crumbles.:D

Selena's here to take his place provided she can keep out of the way of nut hurling rodents, who make her cry:rolleyes: . Where exactly are you in the USA Selena?

Col

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
*sweet southern drawl* Why Sir, what ever do you mean? :eek:
It means we can finally deduce what Rich looks like:

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 03:20
ColinEssex said:
Selena's here to take his place provided she can keep out of the way of nut hurling rodents, who make her cry:rolleyes: . Where exactly are you in the USA Selena?

Col

I am in the bible belt, South Carolina.

Never replace such a great mind as he is. However, I can maybe help liven up the place some. *grins* If that is ok.

Just don't 'rile' me up to bad. Ever heard. 'Hades has no fury like a woman scorn.' Well I added this. 'and Heaven help anyone who scorns a red headed woman.' ;)

I am generally good naturned until it comes to my kids, and that will raise my hackles. But I am sure all mothers are like that. Even dads for that matter.
Kraj said:
It means we can finally deduce what Rich looks like:

HAHAHA, exactly!!!

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
selenau837 said:
I am in the bible belt, South Carolina.
Yes I've heard of that, I'm sure that'll crop up in conversation sometime;)

selenau837 said:
Just don't 'rile' me up to bad.
I'm concerned as to why you think you'll get "riled up", the regular posters on this forum are here and like to help and advise, whether its an Access problem or any other. The regular posters here are a nice bunch:confused:

selenau837 said:
I am generally good naturned until it comes to my kids,
Yes, I understand that kids can have that effect - never mind Selena, you can always chat things through with us.

Col

selenau837

Local time
the regular posters on this forum are here and like to help and advise, whether its an Access problem or any other. The regular posters here are a nice bunch:confused:

Ohh yes, RuralGuy has been a God send when it comes to helping me with Access. That database I inherited is a nighmare, and built way beyond my abilities right now. However, It does get me going to learn all I can.

I'm concerned as to why you think you'll get "riled up",
That is why I am learning what to post and not post about. IE, some of the recent topics that have caused some words to fly. Besides I just love the word rile as well as that quote with my li'l addition.

Also,
I will begin to educate the UK crowd on how to speak with a southern drawl, as well as some of our terms. :D If you so desire that is. :rolleyes:

Yes, I understand that kids can have that effect - never mind Selena, you can always chat things through with us.

Thank you, I shall maybe even share photos one day of my two beautiful li'l ones. One is an aspiring Opera singer. She is 8 yrs old and brings goose bumps when she singer her favorite somes from Phantom of the Opera. The 3 yr old, when asked her age, says she is 16. That one is my handful.

*proud mamma smile*

reclusivemonkey

Registered User.
Local time
selenau837 said:
That is why I am learning what to post and not post about. IE, some of the recent topics that have caused some words to fly. Besides I just love the word rile as well as that quote with my li'l addition.

Stay away from Religion and Politics and you will be fine ;-) I think the Watercooler is a good idea; as long as you have regulars on a forum, whatever the nature of the forum people will want to talk about things that are "Off Topic". IMHO this is all there should be; setting up forums with titles like "Politics and Current Events" is asking for trouble.

selenau837 said:
The 3 yr old, when asked her age, says she is 16. That one is my handful.

LOL Do you think when she is 16 she'll be saying she is 31?

selenau837

Local time
reclusivemonkey said:
Stay away from Religion and Politics and you will be fine ;-) I think the Watercooler is a good idea; as long as you have regulars on a forum, whatever the nature of the forum people will want to talk about things that are "Off Topic". IMHO this is all there should be; setting up forums with titles like "Politics and Current Events" is asking for trouble.

Ohh, yeah I am learning that fast. ;)

LOL Do you think when she is 16 she'll be saying she is 31?
I hate she says she is 16. I am only 30, that was tramatic enough. When she is 16, I will be 43. I am not ready for that yet. :eek: Althought I still get carded for R rated movies at times. :confused:. I know I look over than 18. lol

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
selenau837 said:
I hate she says she is 16. I am only 30, that was tramatic enough. When she is 16, I will be 43. I am not ready for that yet. :eek:

Oh, honey - my little Poopah is only 4 months old, and I will be 43 next month. When she's 18, I will be over 60. Hope I'm still in good shape by then. I want us to live a long time together.

Lisa

KenHigg

Local time
Hi, my name is Imnop and this my daughter Poopah.

Imnop and Poopah - I like it.... :)

selenau837

Local time
lmnop7854 said:
Oh, honey - my little Poopah is only 4 months old, and I will be 43 next month. When she's 18, I will be over 60. Hope I'm still in good shape by then. I want us to live a long time together.

Lisa

Yes, they do keep us young don't they.

BTW, love the nicknames. My girls are TurkeyButt and ChickenButt...b/c my mom's nickname for me is SquirelButt.(no comments please). :D Had to pass it on.

Last edited:

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
KenHigg said:
Hi, my name is Imnop and this my daughter Poopah.

Imnop and Poopah - I like it.... :)

Just to clarify, Ken, it's Lmnop. You know, like the alphabet? Are you familiar with that song? :p

And the girl I work with has a son who is a year older than my Poopah (Haley is her real name) and they go to the same day care, and she calls him Woobie (his real name is Sammy). So one of these days my Poopah will be in the same room with her Woobie. I think that is kinda cute.

Lisa

KenHigg

Local time
Lmnop - oh... When I first saw it I though LemonPop... Silly me...

Let's see, My nephew is BoBo, And my old drinking buddies used to call me 'smack' cause they said I used to talk a lot smack... :(

selenau837

Local time
At work they call me Dory becuase of the fish in Finding Nemo--I think I need royalities from that since it appears she was based on me. :rolleyes: :cool:

Hey, I embrace my ADHD. I am a heck of a mulitasker. :D Just very absent minded sometimes. I just have to hide that from my kids, because I can see it now.

Morgan age 18, Me age 40!
Me: Morgan Kayli, how dare you come in at 1:00 AM.
Morgan: But mommmmmmm!!, you said I could stay out.
Me (thinks to self) Did I or did I not.
Morgan (thinks to self) Yup got her again.

HA!!!

selenau837

Local time
lmnop7854 said:
So you're daughter is Morgan Kayli? My daughter is Haley Morgan. Pretty neat.

Lisa

Yup, Morgan Kayli (8) and Gabrielle Evain (3). Yup pretty neat.

Evain is pronounced like Elain, but with a V instead. Incase you were wondering.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
I've taken to calling my 2-year-old niece "Sweet Pea". My mother's nickname for whenever we were stupid (especially my brother) was "nunge" with the 'u' pronounced kinda like the 'oo' in "book".

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 02:20
reclusivemonkey said:

I agree, but I think that was done in an attempt (perhaps a vain attempt?) to keep those topics out of the Watercooler so it could stay more light-hearted. Time will tell if that really happens. :D

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 02:20
I call Emily "pumpkin" and my husband calls her "sweet pea". It's funny to hear some of the names people come up with. :D

selenau837

Local time
Gabrielle when she is in a tantrum, her name is Brattle-Axe. :D

Yes, kids really know they are in trouble when they hear their actual name. And know they are in REAL trouble when they her their full name. ;)

R

Rich

There you see, we know you women don't like talking politics and religion, now you've tossed the kids around, do you want to start a thread on knitting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom