Question Transfer of application between laptops (1 Viewer)

sandstone

Local time
Today, 12:59
I have just transferred an MS Access application consisting of a front end and back end to a new laptop. The directory structure is very similar and I have transferred all (as far as I can see) the necessary Active X files to restore 'MISSING' references. I don't know if it's necessary, but I've made files in the folder containing the two databases shareable.

The records are all available, but carrying out any action that has code behind it brings up a box 'Enter parameter V...?' and it doesn't seem to recognise functions such as Format, Date, Ucase, Lcase etc.

Any help gratefully received.

Sandy

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:59
Does the laptop have full Access or Runtime and what are the version compared to the original development environment?

I know you said you can see the records but I'd relink the backend just to be sure.

sandstone

Local time
Thanks for your reply.

Both laptops are using Office 365 and visual basic is Access 2013 or earlier.

I've refreshed all the links.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 07:59
I would also check and see if there is any Windows 10 anniversary update on the offending laptop.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:59
Since you have full Access what does it do when you compile the application? Does it complain about Format, Date, Ucase, Lcase etc then? Also if you go into Tools, References does it look ok, i.e., like it does on the development computer? Can you comment out the code that's using the "necessary Active X files" and see if that's a factor?

sandstone

Local time
Compiles without problems and I'll check on commenting out code containing those functions. The references look the same as on the original laptop - there were several missing refs until I transferred the files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom