undefined function (1 Viewer)

b0gdan

Me
Local time
Today, 07:52
Hello,

I have a make table query and at some field on criteria "[Forms]![Gest vz]![Det1]![Cod furnizor].[Column](1)" i have the following error:undefined function '[Forms]![Gest vz]![Det1]![Cod furnizor].[Column](1)' in expression.
Please help!!! :)

Thanks!!!!!!!!

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:52
So the form is named [Gest vz] and the control is named [Cod furnizor], what is [Det1]?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:52
In ordinary Access, I don't think you can have that many items chained together, each as a member of the higher non-atomic element. I don't think collections go that deep in normal circumstances. Unless you have a subform of a subform of a subform nested several layers deep. And there, I think you have a limit on just how deep you are allowed to nest.

[After a little browsing with the Object Browser]:

That syntax (using "!" or BANG as we sometimes say) implies too many layers for any structure or collection found in normal Access. That is why Access thinks you must have some impossible function involved.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:52
In queries you can only refer to the default property of a control and that property is .value. You'll need to extract the .column(1) value and store it in a separate control. The dummy control may be hidden. It doesn't need to be visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom