United 93

Rich said:
Their heroism does deserve recognition it's true, but what bothers me is that the truth may be being altered slightly for propoganda.
I'm not so sure that such use is a fitting tribute to them, in which case I've real doubts as to why the film was made

I can see your point. However the comment that really pissed me off had nothing to do with the movie. That is all my point is.

Rich said:
That's purely conjecture surely?
it's not conjecture. everyone with a cell phone on the plane who was talking with someone on the ground found out about the other attacks and realized what was happening. they made a decision to take out their own plane and told the people on the ground that that was the intention.

review:

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13&prgDate=04-28-2006&view=storyview (scroll down)

Last edited:
wazz said:
it's not conjecture. everyone with a cell phone on the plane who was talking with someone on the ground found out about the other attacks and realized what was happening. they made a decision to take out their own plane and told the people on the ground that that was the intention.

Yes, there are of course some who question the fact that mobile phones could have been used on the plane at all, trouble is we will never know what really happened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Researchers_questioning_the_official_account_of_9/11

selenau837 said:
I'm not going to even dignify that by arguing with you. That is an absolutly horrible thing to say, and completely heartless.

If you weren't living under a rock during that time, you would know they weren't concerened with their own life. They were concerned with bringing down the plan before it hit the intended destination.

If you truely want to see my claws out and see me pissed off, keep that up. :mad:

So you approve of Hollywood expoiting this situation. Nobody knows what really happened on that flight because no one survived. To be sure some of the passengers contacted their loved ones but in a highly charged situation do you think they gave an objective view. I doubt very much if the passengers who rushed the cockpit (a brave act to be sure) knew for a fact they were going to die if they suceeded.

statsman said:
So you approve of Hollywood expoiting this situation. Nobody knows what really happened on that flight because no one survived. To be sure some of the passengers contacted their loved ones but in a highly charged situation do you think they gave an objective view. I doubt very much if the passengers who rushed the cockpit (a brave act to be sure) knew for a fact they were going to die if they suceeded.

I'm not saying that. I was simply responding to your comment.

Isn't there one school of thought that flight 93 was shot down by a US airforce F16?:confused: Its denied of course by the military.

Col

I found the "rock" comment to be offensive.

selenau837 said:
"rock" Comment? :confused:

Ahem...

selenau837 said:
If you weren't living under a rock during that time, you would know they weren't concerened with their own life. They were concerned with bringing down the plan before it hit the intended destination.

;)

I have a friend who saw the movie.
I had mixed feelings about it myself, as Selenau did.
She said it was very well done.

I was very surprised, however, when she told me that some of the actual air traffic controllers and others who witnessed up close and personal, and played a part in this tragedy, actually played themselves in the movie.

I can't imagine wanting to re-live that day. Then again, I can imagine them not wanting "Hollywood" to get it wrong, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom