Update Table (1 Viewer)

Agism

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:17
What I would like to do is update one record in a table with a field in multiple records of a different table. Let me try to explain.

Table1 contains 100 test questions with each question being a different record and having an unique ID number. (The info for this table is input with a maketable query and is only temporary.)

Table2 keeps track of all the test printed. There is one record per test printed that contains an Exam ID Number which is automatically generated and 100 additional fields containing the Reference IDs for each question in the test.

What kind of code could I write to pull each of the Reference IDs for the questions in Table1 and add it to one record in Table2?

I appreciate your help and suggestions. I think I have maxed out my Access knowledge with this project.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:17
You could do it with a crosstab query. However, If you de-normalize the table structure, you will find it much more difficult to work with. Especially if you need to do any calculations with the data, including simply counting instances of an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom