Venezuela Election Results in Violence

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 05:41

Venezuela is wracked with protests and election uncertainty. Here’s what to know

The US has yet to learn. We are allowing Venezuelan refugees to enter the US. What we should be doing is sending them back to Venezuela so that they can overthrow Maduro. Allowing the refugees to come to the US and remain in the US simply makes Maduro stronger. A strong Maduro allows him to implement anti-American policies. His regime is being supported by the likes of Cuba, Nicaragua, Bolivia, China and Russia. Additionally, Biden has reneged on sanctions against Maduro so that he can get cheap oil for the US despite profusely claiming to want to end the production of hydrocarbons. Biden also (lied) claimed the Trump supported dictators such as Maduro, but it turns out that Biden is an indirect enabler of Maduro.

Venezuela is only one example. Somalia, Afghanistan, and Iran also serve as examples were the US has failed to to support dissidents in overthrowing their corrupt leaders. The acceptance of refugees by the US has much humanitarian appeal, but it neglects that the refugees leaving their country of origin make the country's leaders, such as Maduro, stronger. International politics, at times, can be a dirty business. The US needs to play tough.

The US needs to play tough
I tend to agree with this. When Trump was president I think this was being done a bit better than it is now - or more than a bit better.

People really feared the US when Trump was president. The more they talked sht about him the more you could tell they knew he meant business! V. might be the one latin american country where asylum claims are legit.

Blocking deportation is slightly different than increasing by a factor of 10 the people who are flown in here under the same guise.

Sure worked out well, whatever it was!

Can the fact-checkers tell us who's running the country because it isn't Joe?

I don't believe Trump that only he can do this and that - but in the context of there are only 2 people running for office, then yeah, sometimes.

Joe will probably solve the Ukraine fiasco next. I'm not sure why he's retiring he's that good. ;)

Considering that Joe (before being president) interfered in the Ukraine corruption scandals with their oil fields... the ones that Hunter managed. Joe got the top prosecutor of Ukraine removed from office just as he was about to investigate Hunter's involvement. Some years ago, there was an episode of 60 minutes related to the government there being nearly broke due to corruption draining their treasury. I forget the exact amount, but they had a ludicrously small amount of money on which to run a country, and this was before the Ukraine war. I have searched for that episode, but because it was potentially harmful to Hunter and the Bidens, I can't find it now. Typical censorship.

Venezuelan dictator Nicolás Maduro claims he is unable to release the full results of the election because Elon Musk masterminded “computer hacking” to undermine the election. No, this isn’t a joke.

They must be using Dominion voting machines hooked to the internet like us.

No, like the weird guy.

GT_5qPIW0AAAYDY.jpg

Nah, that's just what dictators do. Lose an election and then claim someone cheated.
Don't dictators rule by force? They usually don't have to d*ck around (no pun intended) with claiming people cheated.

Nah, that's just what dictators do. Lose an election and then claim someone cheated.
Aren't you confused? Maduro is not stepping down. HE is the one who cheated so he could retain power. Do you actually think his opponent cheated?

Aren't you confused? Maduro is not stepping down. HE is the one who cheated so he could retain power. Do you actually think his opponent cheated?
Plus he got it backwards. Maduro is the one who won and his opponent is the one who claims he's cheating. In other words the guy moke is supporting is doing what he accused as Trump of doing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom