Weird issue with report (1 Viewer)

reynier09

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:10
Hi, I have a report where I have three different fields called Dimension A,B, and C , and two other fields(Yes/No fields) called standard and non standard. I implemented conditional formatting for the 3 dimension fields so the cell turns red if the standard check box is selected. When I open my report in the report view it displays it completely fine, showing my only one record(out of 8) checked as standard with those 3 fields in red, but if I go to print preview, it will display my 8 records with field dimension A in red plus the fields dimension B and C in red for the first record(which it's the only standard). Also if I close the print preview, the report view will the keep the print preview display, but if I close it completely and open it again or go to design view and back to report view it will open fine. Any idea why this might be? for the conditional formatting I used "Expression is [Standard]=True" and it works fine in my form. Thanks in advance

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:10
Why 2 fields for Standard and Non Standard.
Seems 1 field bIsStandard with 2 possible values Yes/No would be enough??

reynier09

Registered User.
Local time
Because from the tables there's more than two categories, I have standard, non standard, not needed, different dimensions. It was the way I was asked to do, but you right. Either way that shouldn't be the reason for the behavior.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Suggest you post a copy of your database in zip format.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:10
on design view of your report, Property->Format, did you set the following:

Default View: Report View
Allow Report View: Yes

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:10
test if the following can solve the problem:

1. compact and repair your db.
2. import your report together with source table/query on new database.
test the report on the new db.

reynier09

Registered User.
Local time
Never mind, I figured it out, it turns out that after doing conditional formatting in the form, I tried to do the same in the report, but this time with vba, but at the end i did it with conditional formatting. I forgot to delete the code and for some weird reason every time i go to print preview it triggers the vba code, which it wasn't working before. Thanks for your help

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Glad you have it resolved.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 13:10
Some of the events (code) in a report are triggered only in Print Preview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom