Col
It's torture reading some of his posts:eek:

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 09:11
Rich said:
It's torture reading some of his posts:eek:
It’s OK Rich, it must be really hard to live your whole life (64 years) and discover everything you thought you knew is pure BS.

Don’t worry I’ll help you through it.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
It’s OK Rich, it must be really hard to live your whole life (64 years) and discover everything you thought you knew is pure BS.

Why are you telling me your life history?:confused:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:11
Year of the Tig said:
Kraj, you make reference to 'one criminal's rights more important than the lives of innocent millions'. How many millions have terrorists killed? We are in danger of being swayed by political propaganda by using such hyperbolic language. It is what 'they' want. A terrified populace willing to hand more and more power and control to them.
Year of the Tig, I honestly cannot figure out why you would literally edit my comments to make it appear I stated exactly the opposite of what I did. I couldn't have been more clear that I do not think the rights of a criminal are more important than innocent millions. If you are going to continue this behavior of misrepresenting other people's opinions, especially my own, then I see no point in engaging in conversation with you.

Especially when you make reference to 'What we need is Tax cuts to benefit the very wealthy'. :rolleyes:

Year of the Tig

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
Year of the Tig, I honestly cannot figure out why you would literally edit my comments to make it appear I stated exactly the opposite of what I did. I couldn't have been more clear that I do not think the rights of a criminal are more important than innocent millions. If you are going to continue this behavior of misrepresenting other people's opinions, especially my own, then I see no point in engaging in conversation with you.

Especially when you make reference to 'What we need is Tax cuts to benefit the very wealthy'. :rolleyes:

Kraj, just went back and had a look - and I cannot imagine why I did that since it is perfectly clear what you mean in the original post. Partly I was agreeing with you then lost track after reading someone else's post.

My apologies!

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Year of the Tig said:
Kraj, just went back and had a look - and I cannot imagine why I did that since it is perfectly clear what you mean in the original post. Partly I was agreeing with you then lost track after reading someone else's post.

My apologies!
Accepted. And I apologize for overreacting. I'm afraid this place sometimes brings out the worst in me. :(

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Year of the Tig said:

My apologies!

Damn, that's a first.

Someone actually apologized on the political forum.
There goes the neighborhood.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
If it does it'll have nothing to do with the Chinks or Indians or Saudis, it'll be due to the lack of natural resources, especially fuel
I almost forgot to mention.... did you just say Chinks? Seriously?

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:

I meant to bring that up myself, but I got busy at work. So much for the great liberal.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
I'd like to believe that word isn't an offensive racial slur in the UK...

R

Rich

Kraj said:
It's just a euphemism, no different to being called a Limey:cool: :p

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:
I'd like to believe that word isn't an offensive racial slur in the UK...

You know Kraj,
A leopard can’t change his spots.
All this time he’s been a closet conservative.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
You know Kraj,
A leopard can’t change his spots.
All this time he’s been a closet conservative.
Give it up Josey, you're on another loser:rolleyes:

Year of the Tig

Registered User.
Local time
Ask the Chinese if it is a slur or not. I think that is usually the benchmark. I tend not to say the word as people I have known have not particularly liked it. It was originally rather derogatory.

Limey never really 'caught on' here - understandably - and since it was first coined when we had an Empire it never bothered us as we had the power.

I often think that way about most 'racial' names and stereotypes. They are only offensive and used as put downs when you are at or near the bottom of the pile.

R

Rich

I've made no secret of the fact here that I regularly visit the Chinky for a takeaway, and so do a great many other Brits it's not a term that's seen as offensive here.
Of course if I was going for a curry and said I was going to a Paki that would be offensive, so I don't.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
[...] it's not a term that's seen as offensive here.
Fair enough. Since it is here, it kinda caught me by suprise.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Rich said:
I've made no secret of the fact here that I regularly visit the Chinky for a takeaway, and so do a great many other Brits it's not a term that's seen as offensive here.
Of course if I was going for a curry and said I was going to a Paki that would be offensive, so I don't.
we had a chinky last night;) I think most Brits, certainly the ones I know refer to a chinky.

Paki for a curry would be offensive - usually we have a "Ruby";)

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom