What new products or services would help? (1 Viewer)

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:45
Please help us decide on what new products and services we can create for this site.

What would you like to see?

What would you be prepared to pay for?

Nero

Shop smart, shop S-Mart
Local time
What about an ActiveX control section with Q & A and downloadable controls.

M

mission2java_78

Hi Jon,
Nice job with the site. How about a section like tek-tips have with expert advice or allow the experts or general users write up small examples or instructions for things that come up constantly with Access. Such as errors, enhancements, or tricks.
Also do we send pics to you if we want a pic in the profile?

Richio

Registered User.
Local time
I had a look at the list of services etc that you provide when first discovered the website.....i have not used any of them yet - but would be nice for small projects to be carried out etc which I assume you do already... but difficulty will always be with pricing I suppose - how longs a piece of string - do you charge by the hour / how do you pay - credit card etc - invoice the company..

One absolute bonus would be an area with sample databases or sections which can be downloaded which could then be used and changed to your own specification

PS i think this forum is spot on

Randomblink

The Irreverent Reverend
Local time
Today, 12:45
Pay-Site

I work for City Government.
We are currently 20-million in the hole on our budget.
Laying people off, close to required Furlough, no money.
I am barely making it as it is.
I couldn't pay for anything.

I use this site like a dying man uses a priest...
In fits, usually screaming, and fearing for his soul...

But if I had to pay for it, I would have to figure this stuff out from books at the Library...

Why not set-up a donation button on the site...
Accept donations...
Or have a Pay section...
Some questions could be considered pay-worthy...

I don't know...
I dread this pay-scale set-up...
As my resources are so limited it leaves track-marks...

Please don't charge...
(or if you do, can I get a food-stamp admission?)

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
We do not intend to charge for these forums. We are talking about additional products or services!

Randomblink

The Irreverent Reverend
Local time
<PHEW>

Thank the freaking maker...

That takes a load off...

This is the best freaking set ever...

I don't even waste my time looking for answers anywhere else when I have a problem. This is the greatest idea ever. Now I do have to say, that a small membership fee wouldn't be outta the question. Once a user hits 100-500 posts or something. A couple dollars even I could afford. BUT ONLY a couple dollars...<chuckle>

Whoever is responsible for this idea, I just want to say...

THANKS A LOT!

M

mission2java_78

People pay for forums?
I dont think Jon intends on charging people...this is for the community kind of like parks are for the kids.
Jon

Radar

Local time
I've been stopping at this Forum Group for about a month and find it far and above several others that I've been viewing for 4 years.

I'll go along with Richio (posted above) and request you consider a section for "DB Pro's" to post sample databases.

I'm in the process of creating a DB in Access 97 which would be comparable to a "Toolroom DB". I work with the Army Reserve and need it for issuing clothing and equipment. I'll need to know who get's what and how many; how many are left on the shelf; keep correct inventory when items are returned, etc.

Although its fun and a challenge to make your own, why reinvent the wheel if someone is willing to share?

Thanks for your offer to expand the site's potential.

fregal

Local time
Hi

First of all, thanks for this resource.

Second, I mostly use Access db's in my webdevelopment, and it would be great to see a new category "WWW stuff" or something.

--
Best regards
fregal

CJBIRKIN

Drink!
Local time
First i'd like to say that this is the best site i've visited. It's obvious from reading the replies that there are still good people out there willing to spend time helping their fellows out of the sticky stuff they get themselves in.

I would like to suggest that you could provide tutorials on relational data concepts. I know the stuffs in books, i've read a few! and there usually heavy going. Some concise examples of normalising data to 3rd or 4th normal form would probably help many people new to database development.

Cheers

Chris

Emohawk

What a wicked mullet...
Local time
How about a section for Tutorials/Sample Code submitted and maintained by the community?

I see a lot of the same questions being asked and although it's great to cherry pick these to increase your posting tally (like I'm doing now ;)) it may be simpler to point a question to a tutorial just so a consistent answer is given.

Also a spel cheker wuld be nise.

Emohawk

What a wicked mullet...
Local time
Oh and a chat room would be nice...:D

fernin8r

Registered User.
Local time
Best site ever. I learned pretty much all i know about Access on this Forum. It's funny when i start to recognize some of the names on here.

I think a link to a list of terms for newbies would be could. i remember when i started using this site a couple months ago, i seemed to unsure what a lot of the posts were talking about because of the terminology.

Thanks Jon:D

expublish

Registered User.
Local time
I have mentioned this many times and had support from other users many times.

Hows about an ASP/ASP.NET forum? It is the natural progression from DB Implementation for web designers and would be a great help, and sop us using the General one for our asp questions.

Thanks for reading,

Scott

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
What would be an appropriate forum title for this subject matter?

expublish

Registered User.
Local time
How about the very simple:

'ASP and ASP.NET'

It can go in the same section as SQL, etc?

Scott.

Shane_Mc

Refulgent Sesquipedalian
Local time
I like it, I like it!

ASP is the way to go. :cool:

Alexandre

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:45
An 'ASP and ASP.NET' forum definitely has my vote too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom