White Space Caused by Graphic (1 Viewer)

StephenS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
Whenever I put a graphic onto my report as a watermark, a "white space" appears that is equal to the vertical size of the graphic on the report. Both the .tif image and a subform are in the details section. At the end of the report, I have a report footer which allows a signature at the end.

The idea is that the document has a watermark on each page but a signature/date section on the last page (or first page would be fine) only. But when the report is previewed, there is always a space equal to the vertical height of the graphic between the end of the subreport and the signature. Also, the watermark only appears on the first page.

Any Ideas?

Steve S.

Adrianna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:43
Steve,
Is your watermark an embedded or linked picture? I'm assuming that you've embedded or linked a picture to the whole form it self. Do you have the picture set to stretch?(fills the whole page in the margins) Clip?(actual image size) or Zoom?(enlarged image remaining proportional).
As for your the watermark only appearing on the first page, you probably have the "picture pages" properties set to first page. That should be a simple fix.
If you want to keep the image out of the header and Footer areas that I would consider imserting the image into the details section...that way it will not appear in the footers no matter how the last page of your report is formatted. I'm assuming (which I hate doing) that you're signature block is in the report footer section.
Good luck!

StephenS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:43
Adrianna,
Actually, I inserted the graphic from the toolbar and did not use the graphic as a picture for the entire report. Although I did try that method, when I did, the subreport on top of the graphic did not start until the second page! I have been looking for a property, like Word has so that the graphic will not force other parts of the report down to the next page but so far I have not been able to find it.

Steve S.

Adrianna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:43
Stephen,
If you embedded or linked the graphic into the Page Properties then the picture is a true watermark..it will not effect your data at all. The picture is truly in the bakgroud...it has nothing to do with the text or data that ar in the report. You will obviously have to watch the the image does not make the information hard to read or view, but it will not push anything anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom