Win 7 stopping hyperlinks (1 Viewer)

G.King

Local time
Yesterday, 23:01
Rebuilt my PC recently due to disc failure. Installed Win 7 64bit from the same disk I have used previously. Generally everything is fine except one silly issue that started as irritating and now driving me mad.

I using Office 2010. I receive emails containing links to websites....any website like the BBC website, for example. If I click on the link I get a dialogue stating.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator."

I have to paste the url into a browser. I played around and pasted urls into Word and Publisher and got the same message. Oddly, if I paste into Powerpoint and run the presentation the hyperlinks work.

I am working on a standalone, no home network. My user id is set as administrator and I am the only person that uses the PC. My network manager at work said to alter my default browser [I have Explorer 10 and Firefox] but this hasn't helped.

I am a little suspicious of the spelling of "canceled" in the message. Perhaps the lack of the second L is an American spelling though? On the other hand most virus writers tend to be illiterate so a possibility [though McAfee is up to date and not identifying a problem].

Grateful for any suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom