Writing to Power Point from Access (1 Viewer)

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:29
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place I didn't see anything for Power Point and I really think its an Access issue more then Power point but I'm ok if it gets moved)

I have created a Power Point slide with a few graphs and text boxes. I want to place a button on an Access program that will feed those graphs and text boxes data.

I'm not seeing how to do this. I'm finding way to create one and add a text box. but nothing that shows me how to feed an already existing Power Point.

I need to tell my program first what to open and then give it the data.

I have all the objects named. I have the code to get the data I need on the access side, I just need to get it to the slide.

Thanks!!!!

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Ok I think I will be able to add the data I want using those links.

Last I just need to figure out how to open it and set it.

Those links show how to create a new one. I need to adjust one that already exist.

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Actually I know how to open it.

Just need to tell Access that is the Slide I want to write to.

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
For anyone who uses this thread I wanted to save you a ton of time.

Make sure you go into Tools and Reference Microsoft PowerPoint 15.0 object Library.

Or whatever version you have. It might not be 15.0.

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time
I would agree with the OP. When developing solutions you will want to check references when you start working with automation across vba hosts like access, ppt, word, excel, etc. you should check out the other libraries too there is a lot of nice functionality like common controls, activeX has database connection libraries amongst other things.

Did you ever get to a stopping point on this project? I am trying to dev something like you are talking about right now using the custom class module route.

problem = opportunity

DevTycoon

Registered User.
Local time

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:29
Good idea - VBA sounds best

I did ask Jorn (JHB) whether he would mind creating a sample database showing his approach in a 'clean' database.
Perhaps, it may already be in hand ....?

In the meantime, I have his code on file waiting for a need to use it.

However, these days I hardly ever use PowerPoint
That's partly in reaction to it having to sit through thousands of the things complete with irritating sounds/animations /transition effects & other ghastly tricks ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom