Are you an atheist? (1 Viewer)

Are you an atheist?

• Total voters
How can you say for sure that this one being allowing you to speak to your "father" is God if he brings you to him or the other way around? What if he just has future technologies capable of implanting these images in your brain? What if he can actually read your mind for facts? You never know what exists outside this world.
I think that someone with a technology like this is so advanced than he/she will never try to induct in a brain the god idea. Or this "being" will not appear at all or, if will decide that is the time to do this, will try, by using all the arguments, to tell us that he/she IS NOT a god.

@Nigel
Although a lot of people seem to ridicule professional mediums these days.
That because the results haven't a decent a rate of repeatability. :)

I think that someone with a technology like this is so advanced than he/she will never try to induct in a brain the god idea. Or this "being" will not appear at all or, if will decide that is the time to do this, will try, by using all the arguments, to tell us that he/she IS NOT a god.

... unless it is in their interest to control / exploit the lower species.

There are plenty of Science fiction tales of such beings using a few parlour tricks to fool another, or other members of their own, species into slavery.

Stargate SG-1 with its Goa'uld and the Ori.

Star Trek with the God of Sha Ka Ree, from the film Star Trek V.

Then there was 'Q' from Star Trek: The Next Generation who was more mischievous than evil.

Last edited:

There are plenty of Science fiction tales of such beings using a few parlour tricks to fool another, or other members of their own, species into slavery.

... and of course that they fail because Bruce Willis :) (or a blond female)
BTW:
Do you know why Bruce Willis wasn't into the starring list of Titanic ?
Because he did save all the peoples :) (sorry for my grammar for the past; hope is still understandable).

I agree with the Star Trek idea, and I have some good reasons:

• When a civilization own such a technology will be a lot more expensive to turn us in believers in order to do some work for they then to use sophisticate machines.
  • We are god's for the monkeys, but never try to transform all of them in slaves (even if some are used to catch fruits from trees)
  • The ancient gods (as well as the actual Lord) don't ask for some work or products or money for they (Him).
    Their (His) "employes" ask for all of this in their (His) name.
and more.

One more joke (again you should translate this from my English in yours):
Every church ask for money from the believers. What really happen with this money ? Read here:

The Catholic priest:
I draw a circle (D = 1m) on the ground then I push the money to the sky.
When the money fall down, the sum inside the circle is for me and the rest for the Lord.
The Orthodox priest:
I do the same but I think that the sum of outside the circle is for me and the rest for Lord
The Jew priest (Rabin ?):
Oh, you are fullish peoples.
I do the same but with no circle.
The Lord keep from Himself how much He need and the rest are for me.

Have a nice day !

I believe there are species out there who would be willing to control us. Just look at humans. We do it to "less advanced" humans. History proves that. Crusades? Native Americans?

I believe there are species out there who would be willing to control us. Just look at humans. We do it to "less advanced" humans. History proves that. Crusades? Native Americans?

What self respecting race of super intelligent beings wouldn't want a planet of 3 Billion able bodied slaves.. :eek:;)

I chosen to 2 and have just seen the poll results that most people believe in God. Maybe the answer I chosen is weak for my belief is uncertain. Yes, I have confused by this for a long time. As I grew up in China, my original belief is Buddha which is ashiest and I loved the ways of thinking in Buddha in my childhood. But when I grow up later and maybe in Shanghai, the biggest city in China which is a real big hub for many many goods and thinking in this world, I prefer to believe in God several years ago especially when I thinking in a western manner. So I was confused. But later I get a conclusion that maybe the God and Buddha is two sides of a coin, a coin to ONE truth that they are not confusing. The point is the difference of looking angles. The Buddha thinking dominated China for thousands of years but modern Chinese young people rush to the Church, Why? I think maybe we, Chinese, are merging into the World. The people who believe in God created a world better than the Old China.Why not people live outside of China begin to believe in Buddha if China will be better than other parts of world in a future. Or, people can chose to his belief in his way as the world is becoming a family.
Sorry for my bad English and maybe unrelated to the question.

Following the logic. Who did the American Natives take the land from? Somebody was here, it may have been Stone Aged Europeans. Hypothetically the Europeans could have a larger claim on the Americas then Native Americans. How far down the rabbit hole do you want to go.:)
You're just trolling now, right?

There was no 'Europe' in the Stone Age. Even if it WERE true that there were people here before the Native Americans (who likely crossed in from Siberia), that's nothing like what we did several hundred years ago through lies, backstabbing, and violence.

I chosen to 2 and have just seen the poll results that most people believe in God. Maybe the answer I chosen is weak for my belief is uncertain. Yes, I have confused by this for a long time. As I grew up in China, my original belief is Buddha which is ashiest and I loved the ways of thinking in Buddha in my childhood. But when I grow up later and maybe in Shanghai, the biggest city in China which is a real big hub for many many goods and thinking in this world, I prefer to believe in God several years ago especially when I thinking in a western manner. So I was confused. But later I get a conclusion that maybe the God and Buddha is two sides of a coin, a coin to ONE truth that they are not confusing. The point is the difference of looking angles. The Buddha thinking dominated China for thousands of years but modern Chinese young people rush to the Church, Why? I think maybe we, Chinese, are merging into the World. The people who believe in God created a world better than the Old China.Why not people live outside of China begin to believe in Buddha if China will be better than other parts of world in a future. Or, people can chose to his belief in his way as the world is becoming a family.
Sorry for my bad English and maybe unrelated to the question.

You have better English than most of the members here, and your response was very relevent to the question. :)

There was no 'Europe' in the Stone Age. Even if it WERE true that there were people here before the Native Americans (who likely crossed in from Siberia), that's nothing like what we did several hundred years ago through lies, backstabbing, and violence.

Exactly!

And Native Americans most likely evolved in some way from the people who traveled through Alaska from Russia's bridge. It's pretty well been decided by the lack of documented historical artifacts before the Native Americans that they were the first to settle on this land, at least of the Homo Sapien variety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States

The continent of Europe was certainly in its present place in the stone age which is actually pretty recent in terms of geological timescales. However I doubt if any Homo sapiens travelled across the atlantic then so IMO it is extremely probable that the first Homo sapiens in North America came across the Siberian land bridge from Asia

The continent of Europe was certainly in its present place in the stone age which is actually pretty recent in terms of geological timescales. However I doubt if any Homo sapiens travelled across the atlantic then so IMO it is extremely probable that the first Homo sapiens in North America came across the Siberian land bridge from Asia

That would have been one harsh journey....

I expect the Peter Jackson movie on the subject will be out shortly... :rolleyes:

Genetics prove that Native Americans have Asian genes. Harsh journey, yes, but pretty much proven at this point in science. :)

@youyiyang
I like your intervention here. Thank you for that.
And I like more peoples like you to share with us things from their culture.

We know, more or less, about the religion in our area (based on God and His sun, Jesus) but about nothing about Buddha or Kuran.

Thank you again and I am waiting for more from you.

That would have been one harsh journey....

I expect the Peter Jackson movie on the subject will be out shortly... :rolleyes:

I never imagine it as a harsh journey. Not one long journey but a little bit at a time. I have always imagined it as tribe A moves a little east because of food source, or because tribe B is hostile, or tribe A's son leaves home and heads east, so and and so on. The latter part of the journey, as history has shown, is certainly substantiated by one tribe being moved over by another hostile tribe in America.

Going back to Vassago's post. Advanced humans suppress the less advanced right? Since American Natives were at the top of the food chain prior to the white mans arrival how did they do it? By not suppressing others? Or did they just evolve in a vacuum?

Big bad guns!!!!!!!!!

Yep. People, as a whole, have always conquered and enslaved those they think are lesser. Current human inhabitants are no different.

Stargate SG-1 with its Goa'uld and the Ori.

Star Trek with the God of Sha Ka Ree, from the film Star Trek V.

Then there was 'Q' from Star Trek: The Next Generation who was more mischievous than evil.

Yes and then there was a book of Star Trek ( I forget the name) where 'she' was setting on a lonely beech on some odd and forlorn world watching the entire Universe(s) and its inhabitants being sucked down a black hole. Yes, even civilizations like those of 'Q's (very advanced and not doubt considered Gods in some places) were helpless as suns, moons and planets in their far away galaxy where being torn apart piece by piece. That was when they realized 'GOD' IS out there. It was a very interesting book since most Star-Trek movies and books steered clear of the 'GOD' thing (as this thread puts it).

Have a nice day:>)

Bladerunner

Was no atlantic at that time, all continents were together. Europe was inhabited by H. Sapians about 43,000 years ago.

Have a nice day :>)

Bladerunner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom