1st Post! Access 2013 and Windows 8 - issue (1 Viewer)

gflo

Local time
Today, 12:15
First off, thank you everyone. I've been lurking for about 6 months and have learned a tremendous amount from this forum. Since I started learning Access earlier this year, every question and issue I have had has been answered and solved on this forum!

Except for now. I've got a new Windows 8 laptop with Access 2013. The issue I have is the format of buttons. There is an overlapping of the background that I can't fix (see pics).

Here is what I know:

-The issue is Windows 8 with Access 2013

-I installed Access 2010 on the same Windows 8, no problems.
-I installed Access 2013 on Windows 7, no problems.

-If I change the button properties "Use Theme" to NO, the overlapping is no longer there. (But this hinders my formatting).

I couldn't find any info on this forum or anywhere else that addresses this issue. This computer is a touch screen, maybe that plays a role?

Anybody have this happen? Any solutions?

Thank you

ps There should be a warning banner across the top of this forum about becoming addicted

Attachments

• Capture-1.jpg
    Capture-1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Capture-2.jpg
    Capture-2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

gflo

Local time
Thanks for the link

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:15
I don't have A2013 installed so I can't check. Is it possible that the control has a shadow outline property?

gflo

Local time
Mr. Hartman, it's an honor. I could not find any property relating to shadow outline or anything shadow related.

I have searched and searched the web and can only find a few mentions of this issue with no solution. Since command buttons are fairly common and this issue has such a lack of attention, I am thinking it is hardware/driver related.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That may be. Have you looked a the database on a different computer to see if the problem exists there also?

gflo

Local time
This happens with a brand new database, created using A2013 on Win8.

I loaded the same 2013 onto Win7, no problems. Open existing database, create a new one, everything looks as it should.

I have not tried another Win8 machine.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have not tried another Win8 machine.
You need to try Win8 on another machine to determine if it is hardware or software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom