4 Wheels vs. 2

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:28
I just have to vent a moment, thought I'd share with the rest of the bikers that frequent the 'cooler.

I brought the bike to work this morning, as I'm prone to do with gas prices being what they are, was enjoying the back mountain roads and had just reached the first of the more crowded throroughfares. I waited and waited and waited for traffic and finally saw a hole that was just big enough to get the bike in and get up to speed, but I'd really have to get on it...thinking that it's a good thing I didn't have the truck because nothing with four wheels could get in there. So, I'm planning ahead, ready to go, there's the hole, I'm gone. I get up to speed (60mph/96kph), straightened out in the lane, right where I need to be...perfect. Just as I'm going for fourth gear, the stupid #*$&% in the Acura that has also been waiting at the next road, decides that she's bigger than I am and just comes at me:eek: :eek: !!!! I hit both brakes, down shifted, and still couldn't get stopped...I was still screaming as I passed her on the left side with about six inches to spare. If that had been a man, I would have been forced to express my displeasure right there in the middle of the road:mad: ...after I retrieved my testicles from my shoulder blades, of course:o. I learned a long time ago that you can see the wheels on a car move before you see the car itself move and if I hadn't had that extra notice, I don't think I'd have missed this morning.:(

Is it just me or are there more and more people out there nowadays that just don't seem to care about those of us on two wheels?

Bodisathva said:
Is it just me or are there more and more people out there nowadays that just don't seem to care about those of us on two wheels?

They either don't care and think they own the road or are blind and didn't see you.
I think all drivers should be forced to take the motorbike driving test, then they'd have to think first

Bod - I sympathise very much so. Sadly in the UK the story is the same.

I've found that riding a bike that looks like this. . . .

cops_gb_6.JPG

without the word 'police' on it does make people think twice before they cut you up.

My bike (an ex Met police ST1100) is marked up in a similar way.

Col

I prefer 4 wheels to 2 - if you position them correctly - one at each corner, it greatly lessens the chances of tipping over.

Pauldohert said:
In answer to 4 wheels vs 2 - I prefer 4 wheels - if you position them correctly - one at each corner, it greatly lessens the chances of tipping over.
Yeah but it's difficult getting your knee down on four wheels

Pauldohert said:
I prefer 4 wheels to 2 - if you position them correctly - one at each corner, it greatly lessens the chances of tipping over.
Only if it's this one::eek: :D :D :D
Dodge_Tomahawk_front.jpg

And yes, that most certainly is a V10, a la Dodge Viper:eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Looks like something if you drag it backwards repeatedly on the floor - then let it go it powers itself.

Don't forget the plastic Evil figure on top.

Pauldohert said:
Looks like something if you drag it backwards repeatedly on the floor - then let it go it powers itself.
But what if you can't jump on fast enough? :confused:

Don't forget the plastic Evil figure on top
Bush rides a motor bike?:confused:

They probably ran you off the road because they are sick of the young retarded bike riders that are always cutting off us 4 wheelers. I get so mad when i see someone on a bike that doesn't realize that us on 4 wheels can't stop as fast as them. Some of the 2 wheelers deserve to be ran off of the road for their stupidity.

Im not saying that any of you are these idiots but i had to throw my 2 cents in.

Hooks

Don't know if you realized it or not, but bikers don't get fender benders when that stuff happens, we go to the hospital. Can't stop as fast? No kidding, we accelerate faster too...you're following too close.
hooks said:
Some of the 2 wheelers deserve to be ran off of the road for their stupidity
That someone (or more than one) has that attitude scares the hell out of me.:eek: On two or four wheels, stupid kills. Let them alone and they'll find out soon enough. Yes there are a lot of kids riding crotch rockets and newbie middle-agers that don't have enough experience or common sense, but they don't need your help to discover the error of their ways.

Bodisathva said:

i've been on two wheels for about 6 weeks now, all commuting miles so far. to be honest i've found most car drivers ok and quite polite about mopeds/motorbikes. the things that annoy me are the fat chelsea tractors that take up so much of the lane that you can't sqeeze past!

i've only been cut up once so far - at a junction where i was going thankfully slowly. i haven't really had any other problems (other than a slippy manhole cover during a left turn:o ) but i'm sure they'll happen at some stage.

Bodisathva said:
Don't know if you realized it or not, but bikers don't get fender benders when that stuff happens, we go to the hospital. Can't stop as fast? No kidding, we accelerate faster too...you're following too close.
That someone (or more than one) has that attitude scares the hell out of me.:eek: On two or four wheels, stupid kills. Let them alone and they'll find out soon enough. Yes there are a lot of kids riding crotch rockets and newbie middle-agers that don't have enough experience or common sense, but they don't need your help to discover the error of their ways.

I new that would ruffle some feathers.

Hooks

hooks said:
Some of the 2 wheelers deserve to be ran off of the road for their stupidity.
But there are more "cagers" that fit that category than bikers.

emcf said:
i've been on two wheels for about 6 weeks now, all commuting miles so far. to be honest i've found most car drivers ok and quite polite about mopeds/motorbikes. the things that annoy me are the fat chelsea tractors that take up so much of the lane that you can't sqeeze past!
Interesting articule. So in reality the Brit's are starting to buy into the whole gas guzzler thing also now. Hummm, really make me ponder that whole rant from Col and Rich now. Do as I say, not as I do..... :rolleyes:

Rich said:
and the posers who resent the fact that they have to sit in a jam while we wizz past:cool:

And you wonder why car drivers get annoyed, I don't mind you creeping through whilst we are stationary after all I used to do it myself, but idiots whizz beteeen lines of creeping traffic,ignoring blind spots, I've been taken on both sides at the same time!

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom