4 Wheels vs. 2

Brianwarnock said:
And you wonder why car drivers get annoyed, I don't mind you creeping through whilst we are stationary after all I used to do it myself, but idiots whizz beteeen lines of creeping traffic,ignoring blind spots, I've been taken on both sides at the same time!

Brian

I agree 100%

Brianwarnock said:
And you wonder why car drivers get annoyed, I don't mind you creeping through whilst we are stationary after all I used to do it myself, but idiots whizz beteeen lines of creeping traffic,ignoring blind spots, I've been taken on both sides at the same time!

Brian
Where did I mention moving traffic ? :confused:

FoFa said:
Interesting articule. So in reality the Brit's are starting to buy into the whole gas guzzler thing also now. Hummm, really make me ponder that whole rant from Col and Rich now. Do as I say, not as I do..... :rolleyes:
Had you read a few more posts you would have realised that both Col and I are keen energy efficient motorcyclists:rolleyes: :cool:

Rich said:
Where did I mention moving traffic ? :confused:

You didn't but you used the word wizz, I want you to creep with care, jams do move occasionally, still carry on nit picking other peoples' posts and ignore the message.

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
You didn't but you used the word wizz, I want you to creep with care, jams do move occasionally,Brian
There's nothing illegal in filtering through traffic whether it's stationary or not, I stand by my original statement.
There are also inconsiderate pedestrians, cyclists, car drivers, van drivers, lorry drivers, bus drivers, one is usually more aware of them when on a bike

still carry on nit picking other peoples' posts and ignore the message.
has your tea gone down the wrong way? :confused:

Rich said:
Had you read a few more posts you would have realised that both Col and I are keen energy efficient motorcyclists
Ah, but since you pretty much lump all the Ameicans together, guess what, you energy using, carbon emmiting, world destroying, polluters! Same back! :p :D

FoFa said:
Ah, but since you pretty much lump all the Ameicans together, guess what, you energy using, carbon emmiting, world destroying, polluters! Same back! :p :D
Nope, the figures support our stance on this matter, Americans are destroying the planet :cool: :p

Last edited:
Nope! Wrong again... the biggest sources of greenhouse gases are volcanoes and rain-forest termite farts. Can't do much about volcanoes, but we can cut down all the rain forests and get rid of the termites. ;)

Rich said:
Nope, I'm right, I'm afraid you're wrong here, volcanoes actually reduce the temperature of the planet

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18925385.000.html
You can find arguments either way. Depends on the eruption.

Volcanic activity has the ability to affect global climate on still
longer time scales. Over periods of millions or even tens of millions of
years, increased volcanic activity can emit enormous volumes of greenhouse
gases, with the potential of substantial global warming (Pickering & Owen,
1994; Rampino & Volk, 1988). However, the global cooling effects of sulphur
dioxide emissions (Officer & Drake, 1983) will act to counter the greenhouse
warming, and the resultant climate changes remain uncertain. Much will
depend upon the nature of volcanic activity. Basaltic outpourings release
far less sulphur dioxide and ash, proportionally, than do the more explosive
(silicic) eruptions......

ok...back to the topic...had to get gas this morning ($7 beats $40 anyday;) ) so I took the interstate to work. My forearms are still tired from holding into the wind and countering the slipstream from all the semis, volcanoes, and farting termites:eek:, but the ride was fun all the same:D

Bodisathva said:
but the ride was fun all the same:D
But your roads are all straight, how can you have fun? :confused: :cool:
and what's a semi, is that short for semi-detached house?

Last edited:
Rich said:
Nope, the figures support our stance on this matter, Americans are destroying the planet :cool: :p
ot really, if you look at your figures (going on memory here so bear with me) but I believe you said America is causing 25% (there abouts) of the worlds polution. So in reality the rest of the world is causing 75%. Get the rest of the world to stop! OH, that would mean YOU might have to give up something, hummm.

Bodisathva said:
ok...back to the topic...had to get gas this morning ($7 beats $40 anyday;) ) so I took the interstate to work. My forearms are still tired from holding into the wind and countering the slipstream from all the semis, volcanoes, and farting termites:eek:, but the ride was fun all the same:D
Why not get a windsheild?
Actually on a GUZZI forum I asked that question, because my brother was telling me that he is almost (notice almost) afraid to ride a bike without one after having one on his Magna V65. He says to many bugs, rocks, etc to fly up and hit you. So I was wondering if I should put one on my Jackal. Unfortunatly (like Rich here) I get more opinion than experience in the answers, but thought I would ask. I like the look without a windsheild (OK Rich, windscreen for you), but was wondering if the advantages outweigh any disadvantages? Seems like one thing in common for one is the very thing you were saying, cutting back on the wind pressure on higher speed long rides.

Rich said:
Semi-Truck, 18 wheeler, like one of your large Lorries I think you use, but I think slightly larger over all.

Rich said:
The road to the Interstate is not straight:D I usually take the back mountain road into work, which is much more interesting.
Rich said:
SS072124.jpg

(had to find one with people to give you an idea of scale)
FoFa said:
Why not get a windsheild?
True, they do block wind, bugs, rocks, chickens, spears, arrows, ducks, and geese.:eek: However, like you, I don't like the way they look and I compensate for the airflow with a full-face helmet while on the interstate. The wind doesn't really bother me until I go above 70mph. I can tool around all day at 60 and below without having any problems. The downfall with the windshield/windscreen is that most of them are curved and aerodynamically act like a wing when you get caught in the side draft from a large rig. Sometimes it blows you away from it, but usually it'll suck you into the truck. Plus, I'm more likely to clean my clothes than wash the windshield on the bike:o I'll just hang on, thanks:D

Yea, I hit a blackbird going 75 MPH (120 KPH) once, caugt it in the left shin. Windsheild would not have helped. Thought I lost the lower part of my leg. After I managed to get the bike pulled over, I was suprised to find everything below the knee still there. But on one hand I could not image what it would be like to catch it in the chest or on a helmet. Killed the dang bird HA!

FoFa said:
ot really, if you look at your figures (going on memory here so bear with me) but I believe you said America is causing 25% (there abouts) of the worlds polution. So in reality the rest of the world is causing 75%. Get the rest of the world to stop! OH, that would mean YOU might have to give up something, hummm.
Hmmmmmmmm, looks like you schooling fails on maths too, the rest of the WORLD contains 96% of the Worlds population, let me see, 4% causes 25% of pollution. Oh and we in Europe have drastically reduced our emissions, of course the US has pi**ed it all out of the window

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom