Access 2000 in Window 7 (1 Viewer)

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:15
Good afternoon,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but here goes:

I currently have MS Access 2000 and it is quite a comprehensive database that has been built over a few years. The company I work for are now moving to Windows 7 and a statement made was that MS Access 2000 will not work in Windows 7! Can anyone confirm whether or not this is actually the case.

I've had Access 2007 installed on my PC, but when I open up my Access 2000 database version in Access 2007, Access 2007 doesn't like it and disables what it says are certain features although it doesn't actually state what it doesn't like.

Access 2007 is very much a different beast to Access 2000 as I had a little go, but finding it quite hard to get a grip of.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Regards

John

JohnLee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:15
Hi AccessBlaster,

Thanks for your response, and I appreciate your perspective but I need to know for sure whether or not Access 2000 will run in Windows 7.

I appreciate that people are moving to later version of Access that are more compatible with Windows 7 and that those version are cross compatible, but from what I looked at so far I have a steep learning curve to go through, so if I am able to carry on using Access 2000 in Windows 7 without any problems, it would be great until I can get myself upto speed with Access 2007.

Regards

John

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 03:15
... but I need to know for sure whether or not Access 2000 will run in Windows 7.
I'm running both Access 2000 and Access 2010 with Windows 8 installed, without problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom