Access Application Icon in the Windows 10 taskbar

I don't think it used to be like this. Perhaps I'm thinking back to Access 2003. I'm using 2007 now.

@speakers_86: You are right. In Windows 7 the application icons where displayed in the Taskbar even with the "Always combine, hide labels" setting enabled.

Actually for my laptop I do have to do this, but on PCs where the app is actually in use, I do not have to do this. I'm not sure what is different.

Finally, had time to check and yep changing the option in the Taskbar makes it show... geez.

Has anyone been able to find a workaround for this on windows 10?

very poor that this was removed in windows 10 and it seems it was intentional based on the uservoice replies!

If you're still having issues perhaps the easiest fix is to create a shortcut on the desktop and set the image to your image path. You can do all this in code in the front end.

If you set your taskbar buttons property to "Never Combine", you should get the custom Icon HOWEVER you also get the labels (which i hide normally). No option to never hide + no lables:banghead:

Only downside now, is every instance of an app opens seperatly, so the bar fills up tooooo quick.

I don't suppose anyone's found a workaround that doesn't force the user to change how they set up their taskbar?

I've only just discovered this thread over 2 years late.
I'm getting different results to those described earlier in this thread

I have a Windows 10 PC with both Access 365 & 2010 installed. My taskbar is set to always hide labels.

As a test, I opened 3 Access databases at the same time from their desktop shortcuts. The first shortcut has the Access program path followed by the application path. The other two were standard shortcuts to the app path only.

When I opened all 3 apps using A2010, I got what I expected.
The taskbar icon for the first app showed the individualised shortcut icon and the other two were combined using the standard Access icon
attachment.php

However, using Access 365, I got a totally different and unexpected result. The taskbar showed 3 separate icons which were the individual form/application icons as below:
attachment.php

NOTE: I changed the Access program path from A2010 to A365 for the first desktop shortcut between the above tests

Attachments

• Taskbar A365.jpg
    Taskbar A365.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 443
  • Taskbar A2010.jpg
    Taskbar A2010.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 573

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom