Access On New Computer

Didn't say they were useless merely that you confine yourself the a fixed number of buttons.
I guess you never looked at any of my examples. You are basing your opinion on the oldest version of the switchboard. Newer versions and several of my examples are datasheets so the number of rows is "infinite".

Sorry - yet again you don't understand the menu system in pre-ribbon MS Office. - the menus at the top (or side, or bottom, or floating according to where you put it) are just another toolbar - called Main, and the applications regard all of them as toolbars. And the other toolbars have menus off them, as necessary.
I'm sorry too that I don't understand it.
To best of my knowledge, from the OS stand point, a menu is different with toolbar. I don't care what and how, you or traditional Office call them.
According to Microsoft CoPilot:

Toolbar

• Purpose: Provides quick access to frequently used commands.
  • Appearance: Consists of buttons, icons, or small graphics representing commands.
  • Location: Typically found at the top of an application window, below the menu bar, can be used floated around the screen.
  • Functionality: Executes commands immediately when clicked, like saving a file or printing a document.

Menu Bar

• Purpose: Lists available menus, each containing related commands.
  • Appearance: Text-based, with each menu name (like "File," "Edit," "View") leading to a dropdown list of options, fixed position.
  • Location: Usually positioned at the very top of an application window.
  • Functionality: Requires users to navigate through dropdown menus to find and execute commands.
Since we can't agree on this simple point, then I think any further discussion is just useless. For the sake of both of us and others who participated in this thread, it's better to stop insisting on our views.
Let's agree to disagree on this case. As I said in my previous post, it all goes to personal preferences.
I appreciate your patience with my posts. It was a great discussion and thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I'm sorry too that I don't understand it.
To best of my knowledge, from the OS stand point, a menu is different with toolbar. I don't care what and how, you or traditional Office call them.
According to Microsoft CoPilot:

Toolbar

• Purpose: Provides quick access to frequently used commands.
  • Appearance: Consists of buttons, icons, or small graphics representing commands.
  • Location: Typically found at the top of an application window, below the menu bar, can be used floated around the screen.
  • Functionality: Executes commands immediately when clicked, like saving a file or printing a document.

Menu Bar

• Purpose: Lists available menus, each containing related commands.
  • Appearance: Text-based, with each menu name (like "File," "Edit," "View") leading to a dropdown list of options, fixed position.
  • Location: Usually positioned at the very top of an application window.
  • Functionality: Requires users to navigate through dropdown menus to find and execute commands.
Since we can't agree on this simple point, then I think any further discussion is just useless. For the sake of both of us and others who participated in this thread, it's better to stop insisting on our views.
Let's agree to disagree on this case. As I said in my previous post, it all goes to personal preferences.
I appreciate your patience with my posts. It was a great discussion and thanks for your time.
Cheers - it was a fun chat and just to confuse thing Microsoft called them all Command Bars!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom