Adding data from various table to one table (1 Viewer)

joacro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:39
Hi there

I have a form with various tabs
Tab 1 includes Principal's details
Tab 2 includes Spouse details
Tab 3 include Dependant details in the form of datasheet. These dependants get added with a 'Add dependant' button which in return opens up a form "dependants details'

Question 1
When Dependant Details Form open how to I get the Client ID to be default to the one from which I open the form

Question 2
I need to create a tab, where the principal, spouse and all dependants names appear .

In this tab I wish to mark Yes/No to certain things that each of the members must do

eg:
Name of Client E-mail Bloodtest
Phill (Principal) Yes/No Yes/No
Joey (Spouse) Yes/No Yes/No
Mark (Child) Yes/No Yes/No
Suzan (Child Yes/No Yes/No

So I need to know how to pull the principal, spouse and depandants linked to that specific I through to this tab

Thanx in advance

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Today, 15:39
OK, Q1 - check out docmd.openform in VBA help. You can use this to open the add new depandant form and set a filter.

Q2 - I presume you've got all these people in the one table. If that's the case just add yes/no fields to the table, job's a goodun (I think this is the best way to go - the other option would be to put a subform on that tab that's based on a table containing only the ID of the person, then your email and blood test fields).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom