American Idol

katherine. as good as she is, she had the most "off" night of all, imho.

(unless people want to listen to simon and send home elliot because of the lyrics...which would be sad).

it'll be a close race...

wazz said:
katherine. as good as she is, she had the most "off" night of all, imho.

(unless people want to listen to simon and send home elliot because of the lyrics...which would be sad).

it'll be a close race...

I thought her second song would have been a knockout if she hadn't been sitting on the floor... She needs to do more of that sassy/tease kind of stuff...

I think Chris Daughtry should be booted. I mean there were times when he was just shouting and had no tone whatsoever. Besides I'm fed up with listening to a creed tribute band every week.

dan-cat said:
I think Chris Daughtry should be booted. I mean there were times when he was just shouting and had no tone whatsoever. Besides I'm fed up with listening to a creed tribute band every week.

His stuff is a bit old at this point... I make him the second choice to be walking tonight...

KenHigg said:
I thought her second song would have been a knockout if she hadn't been sitting on the floor... She needs to do more of that sassy/tease kind of stuff...
zactly what we thought here! i don't think she quite knows what she looks like yet, how she comes across; a slightly awkward stage.

i'm not saying chris only because he's so popular. he's not mixing it up the way he should, vocally. oh well. although...the others aren't really either. they each have a sound, a strength and they are all trying to find rep that suits them. that's what chris does really well. and the bluesman!

except maybe paris. she can mix it up. i think she could be the upset. she's quietly getting through most rounds with some comfort.

you nailed it ken. what do you think now? who's next?

Hum... I'll let you know in the morning. Right now I'd say Katherine or Elliott. But if it were up to me I vote off Chris, his stuff is getting a little old...

KenHigg said:
Hum... I'll let you know in the morning. Right now I'd say Katherine or Elliott. But if it were up to me I vote off Chris, his stuff is getting a little old...

0095-0508-2917-1640_SM.jpg

The girl is just too hot (to borrow a phrase from my son :D )... But cupcake don't like her...

I'd say Elliot right now but that's not my final pick...

Hooray! Bye bye, Chris. Don't let the door hit you in the....

Seriously, he was refreashingly different the first few weeks and then he mananged to turn his uniqueness into the same old schtick.

I'm routing for Elliot at this point, although I think it would be quite delicious if Taylor won. Katherine has gotten better, but she irritated me early on by singing ok or even bad songs and then everyone said how wonderful she was.

I'm signing my girl up for the next round.........see attached picture.

Seriously, this is a typical picture of her - eyes closed, mouth open. She hates the flash. BUt this is at least better than her normal "duh" look.

Lisa

Attachments

• American Idol debut resized.JPG
    American Idol debut resized.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 215
lmnop7854 said:
I'm signing my girl up for the next round.........see attached picture.

Seriously, this is a typical picture of her - eyes closed, mouth open. She hates the flash. BUt this is at least better than her normal "duh" look.

Lisa

I'll vote for her... :D

Last night:

The final is too close to call... I'll take a stab in the dark and say Taylor wins... Even though Katherine's second song was incredible (though I have no idea why she thought sitting on the floor was appealing?!?), I think she has trouble with some songs. Like her third song last night sounded like she was off key here and there, etc. As opposed to Taylor who can turn any song into his own...

There was an item about American Idol on breakfast TV news here this morning.

It seems that there is in excess of 50 million people watching this show in the US:rolleyes: You lot really need to get out more:D

Still, its nice that you're all watching a British show:D ;)

Col

ColinEssex said:
There was an item about American Idol on breakfast TV news here this morning.

It seems that there is in excess of 50 million people watching this show in the US:rolleyes: You lot really need to get out more:D

Still, its nice that you're all watching a British show:D ;)

Col

I hear that there have been more people voting on this show than voted in the presidential elections... :rolleyes:

lmnop7854 said:
Thanks, Ken! Now if I can only teach her to sing....

Lisa

That didn't seem to make any diff with some the contestants on American Idol this year :eek: :eek: :p

KenHigg said:
That didn't seem to make any diff with some the contestants on American Idol this year :eek: :eek: :p

Well than, maybe I will just send in her picture - she at least knows how to pose!!:D

Lisa

Right on. The show is all about personality. If you're cute a bubbly you've got a good shot. Most importantly, though, is you have to fit into one of pre-determined slots on the show well. Are you the cute crooner boy? Are you the country girl? Are you the pretty pop girl? Are you the hot guy? Are you the fat guy? Are you the adorable dork/nerd/geek with a huge voice? Are you the trouble maker/crazy person?

90% of the people who audition are amazing singers; they just aren't good matches with the roles the producers want filled.

That's why I really hope Taylor wins: he doesn't fit the mold. He's weird and I probably wouldn't be into his music, but at least he's different than the standard fare the music industry churns out.

McPhee is good but 1.) she's not great, 2.) she's just another pretty pop/ballad singer and 3.) she's pissed me off the entire season for being praised as spectacular while delivering just decent or even bad performances (Freedom springs to mind).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom