Attachment names (1 Viewer)

mkelly

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:23
:confused: I am working in Access 7
I have records with attachments, the attachments are between 0 and up to 4 attachments. How can I print the attachment names for each company on 1 page of a report. As of now my report is printing 1 page for each attachment the company has. So if a company has 3 attachments it prints 3 pages each having a different attachment name?

Any help appriciated.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:23
:confused: I am working in Access 7
I have records with attachments, the attachments are between 0 and up to 4 attachments. How can I print the attachment names for each company on 1 page of a report. As of now my report is printing 1 page for each attachment the company has. So if a company has 3 attachments it prints 3 pages each having a different attachment name?

Any help appriciated.

Have you tried adding a group against the company field

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:23
I don't think you can group by attachment fields. You somehow need to exclude from the query (if you're going to Group By) but return the names in an alias separately.

Well, maybe not completely exclude but refer to the FileName property of the field in the query. Something like this (perhaps):

AttachmentField.FileName

Once you've done that, you need to create another query which is based on the first query and pull all the fields from it. In this new query you can now perform your grouping (if you want to). Use this query as the record source of your report.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom