British Television

Rich said:
Please don't swear on the forum :eek: :D
I'm not sure what part of that was swearing.

OK, how about this old favorite...
"Who wants to be on a copy a British TV show?"

Has anyone seen Green wing?

Now that's a funny :D

Rich said:
"The Office" is considered to be offensive by the intelligentsia here ;)

Why? :confused:

I haven't seen it, the British version or the American one...

Rich said:
'cause it's crap! :eek: :D

Ah, I see. I thought you were talking about 'offensive' material, but you were just talking about stupidity. :D

I did see a commercial for it one time (the British version) that was pretty funny though. The boss was telling the employees that he had some good news and some bad news, the bad news was that he had to let several of them go, but the good news was that he was getting a big raise. The sad thing is, that has probably happened somewhere. :(

I actually like the american version of The Office, probably because of it's stupidity. :p

I've only seen a small portion of a UK episode, so I'll have to see if I can find out when it shows here in North America.

MrsGorilla said:
Ah, I see. I thought you were talking about 'offensive' material, but you were just talking about stupidity. :D

It's offensive in that it's called a comedy

I did see a commercial for it one time (the British version) that was pretty funny though. The boss was telling the employees that he had some good news and some bad news, the bad news was that he had to let several of them go, but the good news was that he was getting a big raise. The sad thing is, that has probably happened somewhere.

That was the highlight of the entire series:rolleyes:
if it can be called that;)

KenHigg said:
I wondered how this was allowed when stuff like Benny Hill was considered inappropriate towards women...
Oh... I couldn't stand Benny Hill. Of COURSE he was offensive to women!
He was disgusting! And I'm not even prudish!

But, I'm not about to get on a soapbox about it....
ok.... just for a second.

<steps up>
I'm glad the bugger is gone!
<steps down>

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom