Bug with 2k3 runtime (1 Viewer)

v3rse

Local time
Today, 02:47
I got a database on Access 2003 that work just fine, however i got a problem when user are on the runtime version.

Here is the part of my code where it seems to bug. My objective is if the statement is true then i want a message to warn the user with a msg box then stop execution of the code. This is related to a button click.

If [ValueXXXX] = True Then
If IsNull(Me.Qty_Internet.Value) Then
MsgBox "XXXXXXXXXX"
End
End If
End If

After that there is more but right when the msgbox pop on the runtime i get "Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error".

Since i can't get that bug doing the same action on my retail version, is there anything i can do about it?

Thanks for your help

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
I got a database on Access 2003 that work just fine, however i got a problem when user are on the runtime version.

Here is the part of my code where it seems to bug. My objective is if the statement is true then i want a message to warn the user with a msg box then stop execution of the code. This is related to a button click.

MsgBox "XXXXXXXXXX"
End
End If
End If

After that there is more but right when the msgbox pop on the runtime i get "Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error".

Since i can't get that bug doing the same action on my retail version, is there anything i can do about it?

Thanks for your help

This is a shot in the dark:

I've found runtime versions to have trouble evaluating things like "If isnull (abc)". I've succeeded in getting this to work with "if isnull (abc) = true". I know it sounds dumb but I've experienced this and it can't hurt to try...

SHADOW

v3rse

Local time
In fact this part seems to go well, i get the messagebox but i think it's the End command that make everything bug since the error occur after the user click OK on msgbox.

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
In fact this part seems to go well, i get the messagebox but i think it's the End command that make everything bug since the error occur after the user click OK on msgbox.

That's pretty zany considering that there's really no code after the messagebox! The next guess would have to relate to whatever is coming AFTER the code. I.e. where does control of the program go once the messagebox is dismissed?

SHADOW

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:47
Code:
     MsgBox "XXXXXXXXXX"
     [COLOR="Red"]End[/COLOR]
 End If
End If

the highlighted end tells the compiler to terminate the app

its not needed!

not sure about the syntax of the variables tho

-----------
- sorry read it again - you wanted it to end! - but the statement is causing a error message

try intercepting the message in a error event error handler, to display the code and error

something like

error code is accesserror, and description is something like
err(accesserror).description - that's probably not exact

Last edited:

v3rse

Local time
Finaly i found that i can replace the End with Exit Sub and now it work on retail and runtime version.

Thanks to everyone! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom