Corrupted front-end? (1 Viewer)

PhoenixofMT

Part-time Access Guru
Local time
Yesterday, 23:38
Here goes...

I have a front-end I use at work that I have customized to keep my sanity. Save buttons work, tab orders are logical, "hidden" double-click events to bring up useful forms, that sort of thing. (The guy in charge of the database wears several hats and Database Manager is a fairly new one.)

So I was opening it tonight to work on it and I think it got corrupted. Probably a bad idea to access it in a remote session on an encrypted volume. Apparently Windows was using delayed write or something like that when I dismounted the volume and ejected the USB drive. When I mounted the encrypted volume locally, it warned me that it was not dismounted cleanly. When I opened up the front-end directly, it appeared to be fine until I tried to paste some code into the switchboard's OnLoad event. That's where I got the error:

Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost.

Does any one know how I can fix this? Or will I have to just redo my changes from the original?
I've tried compressing and repairing the database and VBA wouldn't let me recompile.
I'm pretty sure all my code, forms and reports are there, I just don't want to spend a lot of time putting them back in a working file.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom