Dear God, This is not Fair!

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 17:34
My cousin just now returned from Iffley, Oxford, UK. It seems he's not enjoying it. Do people really don't like such a scenic town! I am longing for it but no opportunities for me. He is not liking it but his stay extended for another 8 months. He is telling that he may skip it. Not Fair!

I am not jealous of him but just wondering what in a world a person may need! Good country, Good People, Beer, Climate, Chocolate Factories, Sceneries and most of all technical advancement and at last Good Money too...

Which decision is right? Putting Money at last like I do or as he says "I am going there only for Money". Is Life at Iffley really that bad? Not only Iffley "For any other foreign life" in general.

Is that true? That he is telling that 'The Wow factor will fade in a Month'

You are exhibiting the "other man's grass is always greener" syndrome, a form of envy regarding someone else's apparent good fortune. What you fail to realize is how much the other guy had to shovel in the 💩 (excuse me, I meant fertilizer) to make that grass so green. For all you know, that lucky guy is standing ankle deep in piles of :poop: but all you see is the green grass of his pasture.

Life is ALWAYS a sequence of choices, some of which can be easy. But many more are difficult. What you see from the outside does not clarify the struggle to achieve at a certain level. When you engage in this kind of thinking, you are failing to see the trees while you rejoice in the forest. But remember this - even the most beautiful forest has some really UGLY trees in it.

Which decision is right?

The one that finds balance between comfort and effort.

When I stepped in Mumbai before a decade I felt like 'This is the place I deserve. But has to come out of it for some personal reasons like accidents and all'. My question is why still young guys like my cousin are still falling for silly pleasures like nostalgia and homesickness.

My question is why still young guys like my cousin are still falling for silly pleasures like nostalgia and homesickness.

Some psychologists have studied questions like this. The shortest answer I can give is that people become accustomed to certain conditions and surroundings, and find changes of those conditions and surroundings to be unpleasant or even jarring. Some people really don't like change in their lives. Other people thrive on it.

Top life stressors are things like
  • marriage/divorce
  • birth of a baby
  • change of employment
  • death of a loved one or really close friend
  • moving to a new house
Nostalgia and homesickness are both remnants of change-related stress. There is nothing silly about stress. It will kill you.

My cousin just now returned from Iffley, Oxford, UK. It seems he's not enjoying it. Do people really don't like such a scenic town! I am longing for it but no opportunities for me. He is not liking it but his stay extended for another 8 months. He is telling that he may skip it. Not Fair!

I am not jealous of him but just wondering what in a world a person may need! Good country, Good People, Beer, Climate, Chocolate Factories, Sceneries and most of all technical advancement and at last Good Money too...

Which decision is right? Putting Money at last like I do or as he says "I am going there only for Money". Is Life at Iffley really that bad? Not only Iffley "For any other foreign life" in general.
I absolutely loved my visit to Oxford. Way too many college students to move around but it was a beautiful place nonetheless. But I can see what he means about the initial excitement could fade it depends on what you're carrying around with you inside your heart. No matter where you go, there you'll be

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom