Distributing Access 2007 Runtime (1 Viewer)

StoneWaller

Local time
Today, 04:55
I have created an Access 2007 application and want to distribute it with the runtime. In the Package Solution Wizard I have chosen "Require Access 2007 Runtime to be downloaded if Access is not already installed".

When I test the setup on a computer without Access, instead of automatically doing the download I get a message saying that I need to download and install Access 2007 Runtime.

I have tried this on Windows 7 and XP. My Internet connection is up and worki8ng.

I am sure the download feature used to work in the past, but now it doesn't. Please can any anyone shed light on this?

StoneWaller

Local time
Thanks Moto485

Yes, I know you can download it.

However I am sure that it used to download as I distributed a database with this option some years ago. But maybe I was using an earlier version of Access, maybe 2000?

Does anyone know if there was such a change to distribution?

StoneWaller

Local time
@Moto485

I have checked an older package that I created with Access 2007. I made it in 2012 and I am positive that it downloaded the Runtime automatically. I am a casual user now and I won't deny that memory is not as good as it used to be, but I did not have to give instructions to the person I sent the database to about downloading a Runtime.

Is it possible that MS have somehow turned this feature off with arrival of later versions of Access?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom