Dress codes

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Yesterday, 23:44
This is my rant for the day.

The dress code in my company doesn't allow capri pants to be worn. I find this strange because the style currently is capri type pants. They make some of the most beautiful business outfits that are capri pants. For a while it was hard to find normal lengh pants.

The part that chaps my bum is the part that woman can wear skirts up to their a$$ cheeks, but I can get sent home showing my ankles. How abserd is that?

Does anyone else have crazy dress codes where they work?

I'm fortunate to be able to wear jeans to my work since I do some programming but also some desktop support which can mean crawling around on the floor at times. If I ever wanted to 'move up' I would probably have to start dressing more conservatively. :(

I have been subjected to some pretty wacky dress codes in the past, but nothing too terrible that I couldn't live with. :D

Edit: By conservatively, I meant professionally. :rolleyes:

selenau837 said:
The part that chaps my bum is the part that woman can wear skirts up to their a$$ cheeks,
are there any pictures of this disgusting practice so that we can view the evidence for ourselves ?:confused:

Don't you work in an office ?

Rich said:
are there any pictures of this disgusting practice so that we can view the evidence for ourselves ?:confused:

Don't you work in an office ?

Sorry Richy boy, no pictures of this disgusting practice.

Yes I work in an office. I look like a libriarian most of the time. My hair stays up in a french twist or bun 99% of the time. I generally wear pants, and when I wear skirts, they are ankle length. I am li'l miss prim and proper. :D

selenau837 said:
Sorry Richy boy, no pictures of this disgusting practice.

Yes I work in an office. I look like a libriarian most of the time. My hair stays up in a french twist or bun 99% of the time. I generally wear pants, and when I wear skirts, they are ankle length. I am li'l miss prim and proper. :D

Do you meet the public, say daily in an official capacity ?

Rich said:

I'm sure you can find plenty of examples on the Internet for yourself. :cool:

Rich said:
Do you meet the public, say daily in an official capacity ?

Nope, not at all. My customers are all internal. :rolleyes:

selenau837 said:
Nope, not at all. My customers are all internal. :rolleyes:
Then I don't see a problem, hell if I was your boss you could wear your birthday suit as often as you liked to work :eek:

Rich said:
Then I don't see a problem, hell if I was your boss you could wear your birthday suit as often as you liked to work :eek:

:o Ohh Rich!! That wouldn't be approriate. I would scare some poor soul. :o :o

I guess our company has a standard business casual with Friday's being a "dress down" day where we can where jeans and T-shirts if we choose. However, there are some people and areas within the office where some people really seem to challenge the dress code....and get away with it. :rolleyes:

I don't recall seeing anyone dress really risky or with skirts up to their rears, but there is one woman who frequently wears shirts that are pleasing to the eye. :)

selenau837 said:
:o Ohh Rich!! That wouldn't be approriate. I would scare some poor soul. :o :o
serve em right for being of a nervous disposition in the first place :cool: :D

Rich said:
serve em right for being of a nervous disposition in the first place :cool: :D

You take for granted that I look good in my b'day suit. :eek: 'nough said!
I don't recall seeing anyone dress really risky or with skirts up to their rears, but there is one woman who frequently wears shirts that are pleasing to the eye.

I have been known to wear pleasing shirts. :D However I just find it unfair that I can't show my ankles, but i could show my rear if I so desired.

selenau837 said:
However I just find it unfair that I can't show my ankles, but i could show my rear if I so desired.
Well I'm not an ankle man myself so don't fret too much over it:D

Rich said:
Well I'm not an ankle man myself so don't fret too much over it:D

Ohh, but I have such dainty ankles. Hades, that is about all that is dainty on me. :eek: :D

Rich said:
seamed? oh sh.. I've just fainted

Hey, my ankles are posted in the forums with my heels. :eek:

Nope not seamed, those are hard to come by anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom