Dr's vs Insurance Companies.

Who's the bad guys, Dr's or Insurance Companies

• Total voters
Selena, Selena, Selena,

Well it’s not in my nature to pulverize women, so I won’t, but part of why our system is in such a mess is because of gross misconception like that.

Proof, that the insurance companies are doing their jobs, in the spread of disinformation.

Here’s some facts for you.

There are two basic economic entities from which all American and for that mater global economic growth are derived.

Banks and Insurance Companies.

I will be more than happy to expound on macro economics later but for now we’ll stick to Drs.

US doctors that do non-elective procedures are 100% dictated by the insurance carriers, they must run their practices on what the insurance companies pay them or charge the patient.

When’s the last time you paid your doctor other then the co-pay?

Doctors in private practice are in serious danger of becoming extinct. We see this already in OB-GYN, where the high cost of malpractice insurance rates, the extremely slow pay of the insurance companies, and the cost squeezing by insurance carriers is driving them out of business.

Question.

If you ran database firm and your revenue was 4.5 million per year, what would you expect to earn as the owner of that business.

Well if it’s a regular business, run with normal cost saving efficiencies you could expect to make between $400,000 and $800,000 or as much as $1,000,000 if you operate it properly.

A typical OB-GYN of that size, that delivers 50 or so babies a month, employees 5 mid-wives, about 15 office staff including lab, and 2 Gynecologists, one of which is the owner of the business, makes the owner $250,000 a year including his salary as a doctor and his ownership of the business.

Now where is the outrageous cost in that scenario?

jsanders said:
Selena, Selena, Selena,

J. J. J....:D

Well it’s not in my nature to pulverize women, so I won’t...
You saying that women are of a weaker sex and do not deserve the same treatment you would give a man. Do you feel I can't emotionally take the criticism you are about to deal me. Alternatively, do you feel my intellectual level isn't high enough to understand what you are going to say? Hmmmmm :D

There are two basic economic entities from which all American and for that mater global economic growth are derived.

Banks and Insurance Companies.

Ok, if you say so.

US doctors that do non-elective procedures are 100% dictated by the insurance carriers, they must run their practices on what the insurance companies pay them or charge the patient.

As I stated before, they do not have to join the network. I'm not going to explain that again. I thought I was pretty clear the first time. :rolleyes:

When’s the last time you paid your doctor other then the co-pay?

My BYD for my near stroke, and the coins for my catscan, and other outpt procedures I had including the ambulance bill.

Doctors in private practice are in serious danger of becoming extinct. We see this already in OB-GYN, where the high cost of malpractice insurance rates, the extremely slow pay of the insurance companies, and the cost squeezing by insurance carriers is driving them out of business.

I can understand some of this. The government needs to stand up and stop all these law suits aginst providers. But, that is a topic for another day.

Well if it’s a regular business, run with normal cost saving efficiencies you could expect to make between $400,000 and $800,000 or as much as $1,000,000 if you operate it properly.

A typical OB-GYN of that size, that delivers 50 or so babies a month, employees 5 mid-wives, about 15 office staff including lab, and 2 Gynecologists, one of which is the owner of the business, makes the owner $250,000 a year including his salary as a doctor and his ownership of the business.

Isn't 250K a year not suitable for a decent lifestyle? To me a Dr is providing a valuable service, and they abuse their powers to charge the public astronomical amounts of money. A DB company owner knows that one day they could be out of business, due to the lack of interest in DB's. However medical care is an ongoing and constant need. We have to have Dr's, we do not need DB's. So why should they make a million dollars a year for the rest of their life. The DB owner may only make 1million a year for 5 yrs, or as long as they are in business and they're needed.

I firmly believe teachers should be making more than Dr's. Without teachers we wouldn't have Dr's, DBA..etc. It appears our nations priorities are in the wrong order.
Another debate for another day. ;)

Besides try not having insurance at all. Dr's can refuse service if you have no way to pay them. Now, how right is that??????

selenau837 said:
... , we do not need DB's.

I think you've crossed the line with this one :mad: :D

Last edited:
KenHigg said:
selenau837 said:
... , we do not need DB's. /QUOTE]

I think you've crossed the line with this one :mad: :D

Yeah I know especially since that is what I am going to school for, but I was making a point that we would all understand.

selenau837 said:
J. J. J....:D

You saying that women are of a weaker sex and do not deserve the same treatment you would give a man. Do you feel I can't emotionally take the criticism you are about to deal me. Alternatively, do you feel my intellectual level isn't high enough to understand what you are going to say? Hmmmmm :D

Neither of the above.

It’s just being raised in Texas, I have cultural taboos to consider, and being polite to ladies is one of the most important.

jsanders said:
Neither of the above.

It’s just being raised in Texas, I have cultural taboos to consider, and being polite to ladies is one of the most important.

I do appricieate that, however the way it was presented was VERY degrading and wanted to bring that to your attention. That hurt more than if you had of pulvarised me. But it is over and I said my peice.

Secondly, I was brought up, that if a women is big enough to run with the boys, she should be treated like them. I can handle it, just don't make me cry. *giggles* Just kidding. :p

You can say stuff without being degrading and/or belittling. I don't expect to be handled with kid gloves. It is an honor to be able to debate with you all and that I could be considered an equal, not a weaker sex. :o

Being a female in the IT field is hard. So this is good practice for standing up for myself and handling what y'all dish out.

In other words bring it on boys!!! :D

selenau837 said:
I do appricieate that, however the way it was presented was VERY degrading and wanted to bring that to your attention. That hurt more than if you had of pulvarised me. But it is over and I said my peice.

Secondly, I was brought up, that if a women is big enough to run with the boys, she should be treated like them. I can handle it, just don't make me cry. *giggles* Just kidding. :p

You can say stuff without being degrading and/or belittling. I don't expect to be handled with kid gloves. It is an honor to be able to debate with you all and that I could be considered an equal, not a weaker sex. :o

Being a female in the IT field is hard. So this is good practice for standing up for myself and handling what y'all dish out.

In other words bring it on boys!!! :D

Hey Selena,

Well when I debate with my local cigar buddies, part of the fun is evisceration. I do apologies for sounding demeaning.

It was just a bad habit from conversing with Rich, Col, FoFa, and of course the monkey man.

jsanders said:
Hey Selena,

Well when I debate with my local cigar buddies, part of the fun is evisceration. I do apologies for sounding demeaning.

It was just a bad habit from conversing with Rich, Col, FoFa, and of course the monkey man.

Yes, I see that. Apology accepted. :D

Ok, my sweet female side is coming out. Why not all get along, have fun friendly debates and not take them personally.

selenau837 said:
Yes, I see that. Apology accepted. :D

Ok, my sweet female side is coming out. Why not all get along, have fun friendly debates and not take them personally.

Rich and Col caused me to turn mean as well... Do I get a giggle?

KenHigg said:
Rich and Col caused me to turn mean as well... Do I get a giggle?

*giggle*

However, no one causes anyone to do anything. It is YOUR choice whether you want to be mean or not.
Ok, that is my philosophical side. There are many faces of selena. Stick around and you may see them all. :D Could be a good or bad thing.

selenau837 said:
There are many faces of selena. Stick around and you may see them all.
And if you're really good, maybe even more than a face! ;) :eek: :p

Laughter is the best medicine...

Wonder why they don't tax it?(What? This is a Health thread...:))

Rich said:
Typical Yank! blame somebody else :mad: :cool: :p :D
That's the spirit, Rich! Identifying things that Americans and Brits have in common helps create a happy and healthy 'Cooler. Keep building bridges, my man. Good show!

KenHigg said:
Laughter is the best medicine...

Wonder why they don't tax it?(What? This is a Health thread...:))
You won't collect much money in the States then :rolleyes: :cool:

Rich said:
You won't collect much money in the States then :rolleyes: :cool:

We will as long as we are allowed to watch the titulars... :p

KenHigg said:
We will as long as we are allowed to watch the titulars... :p
And as long as 'Everybody (Inexplicably) Loves Raymond' is in syndication. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom