Dr's vs Insurance Companies.

Who's the bad guys, Dr's or Insurance Companies

• Total voters
Kraj said:
Sure, but you might want to bring a baseball glove, or practice ducking. :p

That's allright, I can give as good as I get. ;)

Kraj said:
Sure, but you might want to bring a baseball glove, or practice ducking. :p

Sure, i'll bring some of my other toys too. :D

MrsGorilla said:
That's allright, I can give as good as I get. ;)
I'll be sure to give it to you good, then. *rawr* ;) :eek:

selenau837 said:
Sure, i'll bring some of my other toys too. :D
Now we're talking. Rich might like this party after all!

Kraj said:

Yeah, we can have 'munch'ies. *wicked smile* too. :D

Kraj said:

If you think you can handle it. :D :cool:

Kraj said:

It does sound like it's getting more interesting by the minute. :eek: :D

MrsGorilla said:
If you think you can handle it. :D :cool:

It does sound like it's getting more interesting by the minute. :eek: :D

Exactly, so MrsG, black PVC suites??

*blush* My goodness... what have I done? This has got to be the most exciting discussion about insurance in recorded history.

Kraj said:
*blush* My goodness... what have I done? This has got to be the most exciting discussion about insurance in recorded history.
well don't get too excited, you'll have to pay for any treatment :cool: :p

I'll throw my two cents in the hat. I voted the Insurance companies are the bad guys. My parents and I have had a business for 20 years now, in the medical industry. We do custom rehab equipment, mainly for pediatrics. Approx. 12 years ago, healthcare reform showed up on the scene. At that time how we made our money changed. The insurance industry took over the decision making power. Shortly after this happened, I went to a casemanagers meeting to learn how to sell to the new gate keepers. While at this meeting I heard an insurance rep. state, "We have taken the power out of the doctors hands, the therapist hands, we now control what is paid for." This has turned out to be very true. Custom rehab equipment makes up less than one percent of the heathcare industry and yet we are told what will be paid for and how much. We do not get paid for what we know, our experience, our drive time to and from appointments, only on the product. Each year that goes by they demand lower and lower prices on products. Today the insurance industry pays less for products than they did 12 years ago, yet in that time frame insurance premiums have sky rocketed. Who's keeping the difference in their pocket? If they hammer us this hard I can only imagine how hard they hit Doctors and hospitals

I also agree about the malpractice insurance. The amount of insurance and the rates we have to pay for it, in the medical industry is huge. We have been sued for some of the craziest cases you could imagine and lost. One on equipment we didn't even sell. All we did was service it. The lady had been on the same wheelchair for 22 years. She drove off of a ramp going into a Mexican cafe and sued the cafe, the manf. of the wheelchair and us. We lost because we did not properly instruct her on how to drive the wheelchair. She has been driving the same one for 22 YEARS! She could've instructed us on how to drive it.

Shane

The problem is that plus much more.

Insurance IS the man now days.

Selena (it’s a metaphor for regular people) said that a quarter of a million should be enough for a life of leisure.

Well I’ve got new for you, the people at the top of the insurance game make as much as 50,000 American or European families. These are not exaggerated numbers. Look them up.

These are the institutional investors that make money when people’s lives are saved and when people die. These are same investors that make money when jobs move from the US to China.

When ever Middle America blames groups like unions, garbage men, or doctors, the propaganda machine is in it's glory.

If I sound like I’m pissed off about this; I am.

So many Middle Americans are following the Piper down a road of destruction. The desolate Middle America is the future for most of us. A world where the consumers are at the top 20 percent and the rest live short unfulfilled lives of toil.

It used to be that most of the rest of the world had to live that way and Americans were sheltered from it. But no longer; we have voted in people beholden to the institutional investors. And now we are paying the price.

It’s really not corporate America so much, it’s the institutional investors, that make all of the real decisions.

Start looking for the signs that I’m talking about you’ll see them.

They’re everywhere, they’re everywhere.

ShaneMan said:
All we did was service it. The lady had been on the same wheelchair for 22 years. She drove off of a ramp going into a Mexican cafe and sued the cafe, the manf. of the wheelchair and us. We lost because we did not properly instruct her on how to drive the wheelchair. She has been driving the same one for 22 YEARS! She could've instructed us on how to drive it.

Shane
Might one then be justified in questioning the sanity of American judges and the American sue all culture? :rolleyes:

jsanders said:
If I sound like I’m pissed off about this; I am.

So many Middle Americans are following the Piper down a road of destruction. The desolate Middle America is the future for most of us. A world where the consumers are at the top 20 percent and the rest live short unfulfilled lives of toil.

It used to be that most of the rest of the world had to live that way and Americans were sheltered from it. But no longer; we have voted in people beholden to the institutional investors. And now we are paying the price.

It’s really not corporate America so much, it’s the institutional investors, that make all of the real decisions.

Start looking for the signs that I’m talking about you’ll see them.

They’re everywhere, they’re everywhere.

It's because of 200+ years of capitalism run amuck and letting the fox look after the hen-house......

KenHigg said:
It's because of 200+ years of capitalism run amuck and letting the fox look after the hen-house......

Certainly from a philosophical point of view you are correct, but the growth of the middle class continued up until recently.

Tax laws passed by congresses since the 80s have led to the decline.

jsanders said:
Certainly from a philosophical point of view you are correct, but the growth of the middle class continued up until recently.

Tax laws passed by congresses since the 80s have led to the decline.

IMHO the decline is because of $40,000 gas guzzling suv's, mtv, Jesse Jackson and Lawyers. (And people like me who elect to sit on our back ends and let it happen)...

KenHigg said:
IMHO the decline is because of $40,000 gas guzzling suv's, mtv, Jesse Jackson and Lawyers. (And people like me who elect to sit on our back ends and let it happen)...

Can you break that down, for me please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom