Edit values in linked table error 3021 (1 Viewer)

l.kyriazakos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:52
Dear Experts,

I have a strange error in my system.
I have ODBC linked tables to a DB2 database.
When I try to edit the values in some of the tables (open the table in dataview and edit one record) I get a 3021 Error -No current record.
On other tables (linked the same way) I don't get this error

If I try the update by running a query on the same table, I get no errors.

The system I have is a german Access 2010 on german WinXP and a connection to DB2 LUW v9.7

Is there any set of settings necessary for ODBC to work with access and vice versa?

Thank you in advance

BR

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:52
Normally when connection to databases other than access you need to specify for each table a uniqueID if you intend to update the table in any way. Sometime access can work it out, usually it can't.

Suggest you delete the linked table and relink. You will either be prompted to identify the field which is a unique ID or there will be an option to identify it.

The 'randomness' of this error indicates to me that some unique ID's have been identified and others haven't

l.kyriazakos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:52
I thought about it as well.
The problem is when I relink the table I an not asked about the primary key because the underlying tables have all PKs specified.

I also do not have any possibility to change this afterwards.

Are there any other limitations regarding the pagesize or nr of rows for the underlying tables?

BR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom