Entertainment that Best Depicts American Life (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:15
In her youth, Jane Fonda was a "knockout babe" with misguided politics. She came out against the Vietnam war in a way that some folks COULD have construed as aiding and abeting enemies of the USA. Bordering on treason, to some eyes. Had she stated her views in some other way, she might not have been so maligned. But she chose an extreme way to call attention to her position and so got treated with considerable disrespect.

I'll accept On Golden Pond as a decent depiction of family interactions with a generation gap and multi-generational issues. I would concur that it should be added to the list of reasonable views of relatively modern Americana. Henry Fonda showed us many times in the past that he was a talented actor. That was a good "crown" to his career. And of course he is not totally responsible for the way his kids turned out. Like all parents, he did his best, but you know how it is... kids want to go out and save the world, each in their own way. Jane and Peter each took different paths.

GMLWORLDCHAMP!

GMLWorldChamp!
Local time
Today, 10:15
The_Doc_Man said:
In her youth, Jane Fonda was a "knockout babe" with misguided politics. She came out against the Vietnam war in a way that some folks COULD have construed as aiding and abeting enemies of the USA. Bordering on treason, to some eyes. Had she stated her views in some other way, she might not have been so maligned. But she chose an extreme way to call attention to her position and so got treated with considerable disrespect.

I'll accept On Golden Pond as a decent depiction of family interactions with a generation gap and multi-generational issues. I would concur that it should be added to the list of reasonable views of relatively modern Americana. Henry Fonda showed us many times in the past that he was a talented actor. That was a good "crown" to his career. And of course he is not totally responsible for the way his kids turned out. Like all parents, he did his best, but you know how it is... kids want to go out and save the world, each in their own way. Jane and Peter each took different paths.

I had the honor of meeting and talking with Bridget back in 1994 when she was supporting "Point of No Return" in L.A....now there's a super babe!?#$?$?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom