FMS Visual Code Tools replacement (1 Viewer)

ions

Access User
Local time
Today, 00:48
Hello MS Access Expert,

Unfortunately, it appears the latest FMS release does not support a 64 Bit environment. I recall there was a free Tool that offered very similar features to FMS Visual Code Tools but I cannot recall the exact name.

Can you provide the name and link for this free VBA Developer Tool that had very similar features to FMS Visual Code Tools.

Thank you

ions

Access User
Local time
It's not free but its resonable - https://www.mztools.com/index.aspx
That's it! MZTools. I was looking up NZ tools and couldn't find it :) Thanks Moke.

I noticed MZTools has "Insert Exception Handler" but it appears this is a manual process which you must select for each newly constructed method? FMS Tools had a feature where you could automatically add error handling for the entire project just before deployment.

Does MZTools also have automatically inserting Error Handling for the entire project?

Thanks

1699735335462.png

Josef P.

Local time
Today, 09:48
Does MZTools also have automatically inserting Error Handling for the entire project?
I did not find this option in MZ-Tools.

[subject: error handling]
I find it very difficult to automatically insert (unchecked) a suitable error handling into a project. (Displaying errors with MsgBox and then continuing as if nothing had happened is not error handling for me. ;))

I would rather suggest this way: only do the error handling where you have to react explicitly to an error. The rest is left to vbWatchdog. vbWatchdog can at least be aborted completely if an exception occurs in a call hierarchy of procedures.
Of course, you can also design your own error handling for several call levels. Northwind 2 shows how it works.
For me, vbWatchdog is just the cheaper variant that can do more than you can create yourself with VBA.

Last edited:

ions

Access User
Local time
I find it very difficult to automatically insert (unchecked) a suitable error handling into a project. (Displaying errors with MsgBox and then continuing as if nothing had happened is not error handling for me. ;))

I like to put Error Handling even into very basic methods because we often use the Runtime Environment and I also want every error emailed to us.

Thanks for recommending vbWatchdog. I am little surprised by the CAD $295 price compared to MZ Tools USD $79.95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom