Getting old forget mdb password

I am not getting out of my fog mind, thus following arnelgp advice i am now placing the .mdb here to get your guys to help.

Attachments

You said "i have a number of msaccess mdb"
Are you expecting us to convert them all?

You said "i have a number of msaccess mdb"
Are you expecting us to convert them all?
AFAIK, because is not possible to recover the old password
What can be done is to change the current password and assign a new one. After that VBA module protection can be disabled.

i will send you the Unlocked mdb on PM.
it only takes a second for Passware Kit to crack the password.
passware.jpg

Last edited:
Gasman the new R1USB can be open. I still need to open many similar files with the same password. So the better slow to get back to my oild password. How??

Thus more importantly i must learn to use Passware Kit Forensic to open the rest of my files. I am having problem using this Kit, why?

Attachments

i sent you the unlocked mdb.
you can PM me for the rest of the mdb you
need to unlock.

I am working on Passware Kit Forensic. download but .. how

it's a commercial software, so it is not free. there are some limitations on the free version.

Gasman the new R1USB can be open. I still need to open many similar files with the same password. So the better slow to get back to my oild password. How??

Thus more importantly i must learn to use Passware Kit Forensic to open the rest of my files. I am having problem using this Kit, why?
It seems it is very difficult to find the password. That is generally the idea of a password.
The workaround is to be able to change it to something you do know, which is what I tested from that video.

As @arnelgp has a program to do it, I will leave you in his capable hands. Even all that has done is to replace the password, not find the original one.

I am working on Passware Kit Forensic. download but .. how
Watch the Youtube video. It is very good and self explanatory. Plus you can always go back and watch as many times as you like.
That is just doing what the PKF is doing.

arnelgp can you teach me how to unlock the files using Passware Kit Forensic

just drag the file to unlock on the "Recover file password" box and the rest is automatic.

I have a Passware version as in the screen shot. I just found the recover file menu option and it seem to work so all I can do for all my files ... if i use the Passware VBA generated password to open any one module and then save another new VBA password if i want still want this not so superficial VBA protection

Now my fog mind can take a rest. Thank brotherS for you youthful brain power.

Attachments

• passwareKit.png
    passwareKit.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 27
  • passware-ok.png
    passware-ok.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I have to ask. :(
What are you hoping to do with these now? as modifying them now would appear to be a very bad idea?

Note the test
  • Recovers either the first 3 letters of passwords or passwords containing no more than 3 characters
    Perhaps that is enough to remind you what it was?
  • I have a Passware version as in the screen shot. But there is no Recover file password ????

i think our last 3 exchanges timing creates questions ??

I would be removing all the protection, so we do not have this issue again.

Note the test
  • Recovers either the first 3 letters of passwords or passwords containing no more than 3 characters
    Perhaps that is enough to remind you what it was?
About as much use as a chocolate fireguard? :)
1723802749997.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom