Graphical Reports (1 Viewer)

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:04
Anyone have resources for charts, bars, on reports and know how to add numbers and percentages on charts like excel?

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Something like the attached?

Same methods work in reports as in forms, just need to make sure you have the space on a detail to display.

Attachments

• Custom Charting.accdb
    780 KB · Views: 115

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Obstacle..have restictions to download and home is older access...Is it handled through vba?

Mark_

Local time
Quick answer is Yes.

Longer answer, you place controls (I prefer labels) on your report then use VBA based on totals to change the height and caption for the label. You can also add line controls and change their slant / top / height to give line graphs.

I'll resave in a little bit in an older format.

Mark_

Local time
Please see attached. One of the Bar chart examples isn't working and I haven't had a chance to figure out why yet. The other works fine for horizontal bar charts and shows about how to do these. The line chart and Gantt chart show how to pull off some neat tricks.

Attachments

• Custom Charting 2002.zip
    64 KB · Views: 108

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much. Ill take a look and let you know if I have questions.

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
OK, so I took a look- pretty intense. Thank you. What I'm trying to do is to create the pie from the data table, and have it with the labels, and percentages on a report. I'll use this as a stepping stone. If you have the time, a report demo would be helpful. A pivot pie can be created almost instantly and thereafter adding traditional labels, change colors. I'll give it a try this week.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 05:04
Something like these?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.4 KB · Views: 216

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
I found this in a book which builds on your code:

PivotTables and PivotCharts

In previous versions, Access forms could be confi gured to show data in PivotTable and/or PivotChart
view, which was effective for displaying multi-dimensional data or for rendering aggregated data
in a visual manner. Both relied on Microsoft Offi ce Web Components, which has already been
deprecated in previous versions of Offi ce. Excel has since refi ned and enhanced its PivotTable/
PivotChart capabilities, but those enhancements aren’t available to Access directly.
To upgrade Access solutions that make use of PivotTables or PivotCharts, you have two possible
approaches:
1. Add an ActiveX control referencing “Microsoft Offi ce XX.0 PivotTable” and/or “Microsoft
Offi ce XX.0 Chart” where XX.0 may be either 10.0 or 11.0, and update all VBA references
to PivotTable/PivotChart events and properties from the form to the added ActiveX control.
2. Instead of rendering the data in Access, automate Excel to build a PivotTable and/or
PivotChart and use Offi ce

Reference:

Hennig, T.,Clothier, B., Hepworth, G., Yudovich D., 2013 Access Programming 2-13 Wrox Wiley & Sons

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, exactly Ridders but on a report to integrate to a summary.

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Missed a few lines:

In previous versions, Access forms could be confi gured to show data in PivotTable and/or PivotChart
view, which was effective for displaying multi-dimensional data or for rendering aggregated data
in a visual manner. Both relied on Microsoft Offi ce Web Components, which has already been
deprecated in previous versions of Offi ce. Excel has since refi ned and enhanced its PivotTable/
PivotChart capabilities, but those enhancements aren’t available to Access directly.
To upgrade Access solutions that make use of PivotTables or PivotCharts, you have two possible
approaches:
1. Add an ActiveX control referencing “Microsoft Offi ce XX.0 PivotTable” and/or “Microsoft
Offi ce XX.0 Chart” where XX.0 may be either 10.0 or 11.0, and update all VBA references
to PivotTable/PivotChart events and properties from the form to the added ActiveX control.
2. Instead of rendering the data in Access, automate Excel to build a PivotTable and/or
PivotChart and use Offi ce Data connection to enable Excel to query the data directly from
the source table/queries.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Same idea - this time on a report

EDIT:
Just read your quote from Access 2013 programming book
Pivot Charts / Tables were deprecated in access 2013

The examples I've shown were done in Access 2010 BUT do not use pivot charts
Recommend NOT using ActiveX if at all possible
Simple pie charts are all that is needed

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    70.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Oh that's beautiful. I can do the report quite easily just manipulating the different charts and I'll be there. I cant wait to figure this one out.

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Its about time I took my access skills to the next level.!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Good luck - its really not that difficult

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Wow, it was kind of easy. Thanks for your support. Do any of you know how to do a data bar?

Mark_

Local time
Like the ones in the sample I posted?

JMichaelM

Registered User.
Local time
Mark - I found it was very good but hard to follow in terms of reports. I'll need a week to figure that out. Im just looking to apply bars to reports. I'm thinking the link will help and it is exactly what I need if it applies to 2013. I'll let you know how it goes.Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom