Guidance needed (1 Viewer)

helper11

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:09
Hello,

I need some ideas and assistance. I am looking to setup a way to output my sales results. As you can tell I am a newbie on this and trying to help someone out.

I have created the forms and they let me search for information and place it on a subform, that works great. It is now report time.

I have been reading a lot on exporting the reports but I am just getting so confused. I would like to be able to search the "report sellers sale" query for month and username and export that report to either excel or word or attach that report as rtf or excel to a blank email where the user can enter the email address and subject and sent it. I think the later would be the best in my opinion, but I can't get it to filter the record.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:09
Are you trying to export a single report filtered by date, or a report of distinct group's activity to that group (group meaning customers, users, etc)?

helper11

Registered User.
Local time
From what I have been reading everyone said it is best to create a query with what you want in it to be exported. I have done that.

I now want to filter out the month and userid from the report seller sales query from my view sellers sales form and export all the totals which is one record in the query to a rtf file or excel sheet.

I know the excel sheet would need to be setup and that is what the person this is for would prefer but this is getting very confusing to me.

Thank you for any help on this...

helper11

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,

I am trying to export a report based on the values of the month and username for the person. I have a query with all the fields I want. I have created a report with the fields I want and look I want. I am not trying to figure out what is the best way to do an export and to what? The person would like to have it as excel sheets for the totals and then additional sheets for the different types of sales. I am looking at just doing one part and then I should be able to send the rest but I think there is a limit to how much you can send to excel, or is that only in one field?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The limit to what you can send to Excel is whatever Excel's limit is (varies by version). The methods of exporting include TransferText, TransferSpreadsheet and OutputTo. More info in help on all of them. There's also automation. I guess I'm not clear on your specific goal.

helper11

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,

The ultimate goal is to have something that can be emailed to users, who may or may not have access. That is why I am looking at exporting a report using a selected record to word or something that can be emailed.

I hope this makes it clear at what I am trying to do...

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It looks like you have this sorted out, based on your other thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom