How to be a really good liberal... (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 00:46
Jacob Mathai said:
A Republican senator and a Democratic senator were having a discussion.
Republican: "Now, let me tax your memory."
Democrat : "How come I did not think about it first."

The funny part about that statement is that for the last 26 years the Republicans out spent the Democrats, and left the US in unprecedented dept.

How can Republican voters continue to deny the math? Are there none among them that can count?

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:46
what we really need is a common sense party, as it seems no political parties have any.

Like welfare, how is it when I go to the grocery store, I'll see someone in a fur coat, who has gold/platinum jewelry like no other using food stamps. Then when they leave they jump into a cadillac escalade. To me, something about that just seems wrong.

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
jamesmor said:
what we really need is a common sense party, as it seems no political parties have any.

Like welfare, how is it when I go to the grocery store, I'll see someone in a fur coat, who has gold/platinum jewelry like no other using food stamps. Then when they leave they jump into a cadillac escalade. To me, something about that just seems wrong.

Yup, that's what I've been trying to say.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Um, Didn't we just go through welfare reform during the Clinton years?
I remember he caught a lot of grief over it.

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
FoFa said:
Um, Didn't we just go through welfare reform during the Clinton years?
I remember he caught a lot of grief over it.

yeah, we did go through a welfare reform, but it didn't do anything constructive. Just like the immigration bills they are passing. If we don't enfore the rules we have now, why pass new ones?

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
jamesmor said:
yeah, we did go through a welfare reform, but it didn't do anything constructive. Just like the immigration bills they are passing. If we don't enfore the rules we have now, why pass new ones?

Wrong, during the Clinton Administration more people moved off welfare then in previous ones.

The Republicans want to move everyone over from welfare, to working poor, which would be preferable if we had nationalized health care and guaranteed higher education for any who work hard enough to deserve it.

statsman

Local time
A liberal would like to use tax dollars to benefit everyone.
A conservative only wants tax dollars used for their or their friends benefit.

When a liberal does it its called welfare.
When a conservative does it its called economic stimulation.

Both feed at the public teat. One admits it the other won't.

On a totally different point. How was it that when Clinton (a democrat) was in the White House, the most popular political TV show was Rush Limbaugh.
Now that a republican is in the White House, the most popular show is the Daily Report?
I'm glad to see there's some balance in the USA after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom