I'll go next (1 Viewer)

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
This feels almost like AA :D, my name is Krystal, I have used access in my current employment to make my job easier, I have designed one database. I started from scratch about 3 years ago, and have learned from one of my co-workers and from you all here on this forum (at least the past year). Now, I am working on improving my original DB, as well as on some of my own ideas to make my life easier. Currently I hail from the Great state of Texas, USA, Houston to be exact.

Jon, I like this idea. Seems like a good way to get a little bit about peoples experience with acess out there...

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:53
Hi Krystal!
You are welcome, Its good you are in process of some advance access learning, enhancing your db, you will find lot of good, intelligent and intellectual ppl here to help you or you might have some already here.

we all are here to help each others, you know I learn Access myself, in the beginning I was FoxPro developer, but later I changed to VBA and VB.Net.
I love access, its fun ;)

Good Luck!

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Thanks Khalid,

I have enjoyed the learning so far, and get deep enjoyment when things finally work the way I want, very similar to beating a video game for the first time after you have played and played and played.

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
BTW!
I am also very fond of games.I used to play games whenever I find some free time. I enjoy them. What games you like to play:cool:

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Lets see,

Oblivion for the XBOX 360
Sims 2 for PC
All the old NES games, especially the Mario games and the zelda games
The new Mario game for the Wii (though I don't own it myself)
Did you ever play Blaster Master for the NES? It's an awesome game.
All the D&D games like Baldours Gate and Ice Wind Dale
Um....Civ Revolution for XBOX 360, and games like any of these....

The only ones I really don't like are 1st person shooter games, I really suck at them.

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Wow! your are the princes of games.:p I like Mario too. I like to play Call of Duty, Medal of honours, Flight simulators; Need For Speed etc.

I have to search for all the games as you mention and to spend some money, but for this i have to wait till next salary.:D

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
I understand that, I tend to buy games after they have been out for at least a year or more, so that the price is considerably lower.....

THe ones you mention are probably to stressful for me, I have tried playing tomb raider, but it is too stressful, I get scared believe it or not, like I am the one actually in there.... Kind of strange, but my brothers like those kinds of games so I play with them occassionally.

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
Yesterday, 18:53
My wife likes The Sims 3 as it has really progressed since 1 and 2.

I don't play many games on computer and those I do I quickly tire of playing. My kids, on the other hand, are the ones to play games.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
I want to play Sims 3, but I don't think my computer is capable, its kind of old. And I just got Sims 2 last year, so am still enjoying its progression from Sims 1.

Kids are great for video games, especially if they are so in awe of your "mad video game skills" (said in the most napoleon dynamite voice I can muster) that they want you to beat everything for them. More play time that way :p.

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
Kids are Kids SOS, when I was a kid I love my bicycle, those time there were no video games in general. I don't even allow any one to touch my bicycle:rolleyes:

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
The SIMS (all of them - version 1, 2 and 3) is a simulation game where you basically build up a family (or families) and houses for them, have them get up, go to work, come home, interact with other people and basically try to help them meet their needs and goals. It is a lot like sitting watching a bunch of people and directing them to do things but you don't have to do everything for them, but you can. It is kind of hard to explain but you should go look here to see more about it.

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
I visit the link SOS! :) its amazing to build such locality and play around it. Its look like a social game. BTW EA produce good games.

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
As for watching games I have just discovered and found that I like Cricket. I just watched the 5 day Test Match of England vs. Bangladesh and it was a blast. :)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:53
I'm liking this intro thing. Its fleshing out details about community members. Otherwise we are all just a name.

Khalid_Afridi

Registered User.
Local time
As for watching games I have just discovered and found that I like Cricket. I just watched the 5 day Test Match of England vs. Bangladesh and it was a blast. :)

Did you ever play with Australia?:p

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
I have never gotten in to watching sports, even though my alma mader was one of the best US college basketball teams in our nation, I think our girls recently beat their own record. UCONN, btw.

Also, does anyone like "The Big Bang Theory" it's the funniest show I have ever seen, Bazinga!

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
If the Big Bang Theory is the funniest show you've seen then you probably have never seen these two:

The IT Crowd

Coupling

Both have had me trying to catch my breath while laughing.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
Lets see,

Oblivion for the XBOX 360
Sims 2 for PC
All the old NES games, especially the Mario games and the zelda games
The new Mario game for the Wii (though I don't own it myself)
Did you ever play Blaster Master for the NES? It's an awesome game.
All the D&D games like Baldours Gate and Ice Wind Dale
Um....Civ Revolution for XBOX 360, and games like any of these....

The only ones I really don't like are 1st person shooter games, I really suck at them.

You sound like my kind of girl. ;)

Seriously though, I definitely remember Blaster Master, one of my favorite games of all time. The new Wii Mario game is tons of fun. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom