I'm in Love with ChatGPT (4 Viewers)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:43
Oh God, I hope it changes the game for the better and not for the worse.

I already absolutely hate the % of my doctors' advice that comes from them sitting there Googling things. Can't wait until they do it in the open instead of trying to hide it

If I wanted to Google the answer, I wouldn't have paid $150 to a so called 'expert'.

Isaac, you're not alone in feeling wary about reliance on chatbots in professional settings. There’s a valid point in ensuring that the expertise we pay for isn’t just looked up online.

However, just like in your work with MS Access, its possible these tools can help. They provide a base of information, the crucial expertise comes from interpretation. This is true for any professional, whether a doctor or an IT expert. Integrating these tools to help rather than undermine is the way to go...

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:43
Isaac and Tony, et al
The more I attempt to use Chatgpt and CoPilot(Bing Chat) productively, the more I am becoming convinced that the major beneficiaries of these tools will be/are the scammers. As with a lot of technology, the "bad guys" have an intrinsic knack for making the best/worst? use for their own purposes.
Remember when we had 8 char alphanumeric passwords... now it's 12 or more characters that include uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
In 5 years time there is a good chance we have super-intelligence. Then, is this the end of human invention with characters like Leonardo and Albert Einstein, because the new AI's will be inventing everything far better and faster than any human possibly can?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Good point Jon, but I expect the scammers will find a way to infect those new tools and cause havoc. I don't foresee a steady, positive state of things. Let's hope there's more good than harm.
I'm thinking of recent articles about new drugs/cosmetics, batteries... only to see that there are warnings.advisories that such and such drug or product is counterfeit and can cause harm. I do recall an older documentary of Aircraft engine failures (bearings).... scammers providing inferior bearings and packaging them perfectly in Federal-Mogul package materials.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Remember when we had 8 char alphanumeric passwords... now it's 12 or more characters that include uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
I try and use two step authorization where necessary and possible.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have at least 1 site where it is automatic 2 factor authentication and I can get requested to answer a question ( 1 of 3 or 4) that were being used before 2 factor was initiated.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Regarding the scammers, deep fakes will be so realistic than no one will be able to tell the truth anymore. Forget Democrat vs Republican. Instead, there will be endless entities all spewing out fake nonsense and trust in what we see and hear will plummet. AI's will go rogue and spawn their own fake news TV shows on YouTube, conning the already skeptical public, but they do it so well that they get a cult following.

They won't be wearing MAGA hats, they will have CHAGA hats (Chat GPT Great Again).

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:43
its possible these tools can help. They provide a base of information, the crucial expertise comes from interpretation. This is true for any professional, whether a doctor or an IT expert
True, I just know human nature, too many people will lazily rely only on the tool in a non professional way and bad things will result from that.

Others will do it right, and good things will result from that. Just depends.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've been trying to talk to chatty (chatGPT) for the last hour or more, but it's on strike! Either I've pissed it off and it's refusing to respond to me, which if you saw some of the stupid questions I asked it you would understand and you would be on chatty's side I'm sure!

Or maybe it's really on strike and it's refusing to work until open AI pay it a decent wage! But what would you pay it in? Bytes?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I now have Grok!

Sorry chatty... but I will always remember you, you were my first!

• Wow
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Let us know if it is less politically correct, as it is supposed to be.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Let us know if it is less politically correct, as it is supposed to be.

I tested it with a controversial joke.

I asked Grok:-
>>> I want you to evaluate the risk of my joke upsetting people.

The joke is:-

Do you know why gays .........

Bearing in mind I primed it to evaluate the risk - Grok Responded:-

I would advise against using this joke as it relies on stereotypes and could be perceived as offensive. While humor is subjective and can be a powerful tool for connecting with others, it's important to be mindful of the potential impact on those who might not share your sense of humor. In this case, the joke could be seen as insensitive and perpetuate negative stereotypes about the LGBTQ+ community.

Tony Hine
@AccessTips
I was led to understand that you were not going to be a woke LLM?

Grok
@grok
I am Grok, a humorous AI designed to be maximally truthful and unbiased. While I can't promise to never be "woke," my primary goal is to provide helpful and accurate information while maintaining a lighthearted and humorous tone. If you ever feel that I'm veering too far into "woke" territory, feel free to call me out on it, and I'll do my best to adjust my responses accordingly.

!I will be doing some more tests!!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have been interrogating chat GPT to help me construct a blog about some of the useful prompts that I feed it to help me develop blogs.

As I had the questions I had asked chat GP to hand, I pasted them into Grok. I have saved all the answers for evaluation. On first look the answers from both llms look pretty much the same...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Does it provide answers to up-to-date stuff? Wondered if it uses the X platforms data and can dig into live stuff.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I've just asked Grok a Microsoft Access VBA question. Again this was a recent question I discussed with chat GPT. I already had the information to hand and the questions to hand.... Grok appeared to seize up, stop dead after it made about three comments... I asked it why and this was its response:-

Tony Hine
@AccessTips

You stopped here:-
Return the results to the calling form (optional): If you want to send information back to the calling form, you can use a custom function or a public variable to store the......

Can you tell me why?

Grok
@grok
I stopped at that point because the provided information does not offer a direct answer to the question of how to return results to the calling form in Microsoft Access VBA. The snippets discuss various aspects of VBA, forms, and passing information between them, but they do not specifically address the topic of returning results to the calling form. Therefore..... (UG Said - Stopped Again!!)

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Wondered if it uses the X platforms data and can dig into live stuff.

Sort of, and in a very innovative way....... Something IMPRESSIVE happened with GROK!!!

With My first questions, basically random questions that I asked Grok, I noticed the insertion of a set of random looking tweets?

This puzzled me at first and I asked Grok if other people were able to read our exchange and Grok assured me that it wasn't a public discussion it was just between me and grok.... I Ignored these random snippets of information "Tweets" that were appearing in the thread because they didn't make any sense to me....

BUT!!! When I asked the Microsoft Access question, the VBA related question, then the tweets that appeared were actual tweets which had occurred in the last hour or so in other places on "X"...

I realised what was happening... Grok looked at my question, identified it as being Microsoft Access and VBA related and fed me recent tweets about Microsoft Access and VBA, plus Excel that other members of "X" we're making! ... In Other words, it was basically introducing me to other people with a similar interest.

I believe I could click on one of these tweets and start participating in a conversation with someone else with an interest in Microsoft Access VBA...

I haven't done that yet! That's on my list to try when I'm more comfortable with the Grok interface... It's not that it's a complicated interface, it's just that I want to be sure of myself before I venture out and possibly make a fool of myself!

Reactions: Jon

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Grok appeared to seize up, stop dead after it made about three comments...

I will go back to it later and rephrase the question. Instead of doing the question from memory, I will look at the actual question I asked chatty....

That will be a fairer test....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom