Import access 2.0 database to a more current version (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbr1994

Local time
Today, 07:18
I have a program that was created in the access 2.0 version and that works well to this day, being very useful for me. The problem is that it only works on the Win XP version. So I need to convert this program to a newer version of access, so that I can use it on a more current version of Windows. Can someone help me?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:18
That will likely be @isladogs as he has all the old versions, or most of them at least on VMs.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Today, 03:18
You will need to first convert this mdb using Access 2003. Then you can convert from there to an accdb in a newer version of Access.

I was going to suggest @isladogs as a possible facilitator as well.

However, you'll also want to specify which version of Access you want to target as the "newer" version.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
You will need to first convert this mdb using Access 2003. Then you can convert from there to an accdb in a newer version of Access.

However, you'll also want to specify which version of Access you want to target as the "newer" version.
You've actually managed to confuse things by posting the same request in two places almost simultaneously. I've asked the administrators to clean up the threads to avoid further duplication.

gbr1994

Local time
Today, 07:18

Yes, the big problem is finding this version of Access 2003 on the internet, I can't find it at all.
Maybe in the version of ACCES 2007 or higher

Last edited:

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yes, the big problem is finding this version of Access 2003 on the internet, I can't find it at all.
Maybe in the version of ACCES 2007 or higher
I'm going to restrict replies to the other discussion where Colin (@isladogs) is already a participant.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
As requested, this thread is now locked and won't accept any further entries.

Anyone interested in contributing further to this discussion, please proceed to the original thread at:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:18
This thread is essentially a duplicate of another thread in this DB, one that has already been resolved. I am going to close it per GPGeorge's suggestion.

@gbr1994 - you are new so aren't yet used to the way we do things. Opening two or more threads on the exact same topic not necessary and in fact is generally frowned upon. Don't worry, no penalty this time because you haven't had enough time with us to learn our ways - but down the road, opening multiple threads on a single topic when it is the same question both times? It is considered a bit rude and more than a bit impatient.

OOPS: TheDBGuy beat me to it - his notice popped up seconds before I posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom