Is Mr Trump crazy? (2 Viewers)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:24
Tony, I hope that Colin will pay attention. I've tried various ways to point out to him that it is his choice to be miserable by focusing on the negatives around him, stopping and sightseeing the wreckage as it were. I am reminded of a line from the NCIS TV series that my dear Linda likes so much.

In it, agent Gibbs comments: If it seems that you are going through Hell... keep going.

In another episode, Gibbs comments: If you think that life is a bowl of cherry pits, remember all the cherries you had to eat to get it that way.

I see it this way: Even with a bunch of negatives, you can see bad times as torture or you can see them as the "downs" that let you recognize and more deeply appreciate the "ups" that have to go with them. They are part and parcel of living.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 16:24
Look, this is getting really boring, I can't see what the problem is.

I have said (in the words of The Who) "I hope I die before I get old". In my opinion, 70 is a good age. I have done everything I wanted to, and more. I've travelled across the globe from Australia to London by bus. I have plenty of money. I've spent a pleasant couple of hours chatting with Paul McCartney. I have no debts, can't spend what I have.

I certainly don't want to turn gaga in a home wishing I was dead but can't do anything about it. So in 2 years 2 months Col will be no more. It's all rationally worked out and will go like clockwork.

All this psychological claptrap is just theory. Means nothing. Pure speculation.

Now can we get back to discussing your stupid president?

Oh Doc, do you really think I would watch NCIS - American rubbish, no idea what it stands for and don't care either.

Col

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I'm really enjoying this, I hijacked one of Colin's threads!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 11:24
I think we should dedicate some time to find out where ColEssex lives. Then, just before the "dead"line, we all arrive at his house at dusk with lit candles and sing KumByYa and threaten him with a group hug until he buys us all a pint.

I myself will break out in a solo of America the Beautiful...

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Damn, Frothy, I missed that one...

Easy to find summary: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Helm_15_conspiracy_theories

Of special note:
A survey by Public Policy Polling in May 2015, found that one-third of Republicans believed the conspiracy theory that the Jade Helm exercise is about "the government is trying to take over Texas", while another third had not made up their minds yet about it.

Otherwise just Google 'Jade Helm 15' and you'll be inundated with articles.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I feel somewhat obliged to re-enter this thread if only to make clear that, whilst we share a name, I'm definitely not Colin Essex...

Having read CE's comments on various threads over a period of time it strikes me how similar Donald Trump and CE appear to be.

Both of them:
- are full of self importance
- seem oblivious to the impact they have on anyone else
- have a fragile ego
- lash out at anyone & everyone and often for no reason
- have zero empathy

CE - you are very skilled at winding people up and spend far too much time doing so. Suggest you return to the full time caring

Meanwhile Trump continues very successfully in his quest to
'Make America A Laughing Stock Again'

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Bloody amateur.

Whereas you get prize money for your appearances?

Colin, you have every right to be who you are but there are times when you inflict yourself on us in a way that is unusually depressing. What the matter? Misery loves company? I applaud your desire to be a caregiver but if you REALLY wanted the misery, go to a level II nursing home (a.k.a. full care nursing home). You'll find your share of misery and then some.

I visited my mother-in-law just about two hours ago, bringing her supplies. She's failing slowly but is far and away better off than some of the poor souls in that place. I know what misery looks like. I know what it feels like. Most of us have some experience with such things. We don't really need your reminders.

I'm not asking for sweetness and light, but when you hijack a thread with your doom and gloom, the responses you get should tell you something. Do you REALLY want to leave behind a legacy of being a black cloud over our virtual gathering?

I am thinking of the Peanuts strip and Snoopy's perennial attempts to write the great novel. Which usually starts off with "It was a dark and stormy night." I believe the next sentence SHOULD be "but then, of course, Colin E was there, so the darkness was to be expected."

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Having read CE's comments on various threads over a period of time it strikes me how similar Donald Trump and CE appear to be.

'

I take that as a compliment. The American people made him president, so they must like him.

One difference though, I don't use Twitter.

But if the vote is for me to leave these forums then I will. But at least I don't have false morals, false religion etc. Like the yanks do.
What was it Barry McGuire said in his song? Ah yes, "Hate your next door neighbour but don't forget to say grace".

Col

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:24
Never thought id say this but....kind of missing the old days. Back when Colin, Rich and Brian were relentless in their attacks. Now its just sad! The old dogs have lost their teeth.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Never thought id say this but....kind of missing the old days. Back when Colin, Rich and Brian were relentless in their attacks. Now its just sad! The old dogs have lost their teeth.

Yes, I totally agree. But the opposition was also formidable, not the weak lily-livered lot that post these days, also I was maybe 14 years younger then.

Wasn't there a rumour that Vassago and someone else was the same person?

I met Rich down in Plymouth, we had a chinky. He really was an anti American card carrier, he makes me look positively like a native of the USA. He really hated everything, not just for fun like I do. Nice chap though.

Col

ducouer

Registered User.
Local time
I think he rules USA in a strange way. Very creative!

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
As an American, I take your insults of the US and Trump. He has been a successful (yet questionable) businessman. As a republican in general, of course he wants a smaller, less regulated government (in general, good for business). As a person, he has practically no filter on what he thinks (unlike most politicians who are trying to please most if not all the public). Did the Americans choose the best person to lead this country, probably not. But the choices we had (i.e., the ones who choose to run) were very limited. How this will turn out, I have no idea.

Some how the US has lasted over 200 years. Sometimes I not sure how. If Japan or Germany had been a little smarter or quicker (attacked during the depression in the 30's). Things could be quite different.

I think (I hope) America will survive. It could change drastically in the next few years. It could be an interesting roller coaster ride.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Given changes in the economy of the USA (big-box stores dying, Internet sales growing - for just one example) and the changes in the labor market (low-tech jobs being replaced by robots but not enough high-tech people to make the 'bots - for another example)... I think the USA would have changed drastically no matter WHICH candidate made it into the White House.

Did we pick the best person to lead the country? Damned if I know. I just know that we DIDN'T pick the WORST person. But I also know that the difference between the two was tough to measure because it was an apples-to-oranges comparison.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, Vassago, there I must respectfully disagree. I saw HRC as old-line political machine and old-line centralized government. DJT was NOT old-line machine and does not like centralized, overly powerful federal government. To me there was a difference.

I also can see, however, that both of them have disregard for procedure. HRC ignored security protocols for the Bengazi fiasco and for the e-mail server scandal. DJT hasn't show much regard for the old-line method of doing things either. So I can see how you might find their comparison to be diminutive.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
On a higher level, they were both pretty awful candidates. DJT is really only interested in things that will help HIM. He can't even have a proper speech with boy scouts without turning into a pissing rant about how people don't like him.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Awful candidates? Hell, no. They were abysmal candidates. Let's hope that by the next election, SOMEONE will come up with a viable candidate.

The only reasons I voted for DJT were (a) the 3rd party candidates had no chance to win and (b) he wasn't HRC.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
the 3rd party candidates had no chance to win

If everyone who stated this would actually vote that way... :banghead:

I proudly voted Gary Johnson and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. I knew my state outcome before I voted, but I also knew my vote could influence the Libertarian party's ability to participate in future elections with more power. It had nothing to do with him winning, but setting up a future with a possibility.

I would never vote for the lesser of two evils. Evil is evil and I could just have easily said I voted for HRC because he is not Drumph. Neither of them are fit to lead this country. Trump proves it more by the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom