Job Titles

Rich said:
If a skeet is one of Gods magnificent creatures I'm not interested

Skeet is a little clay disk, as I'm sure you are well aware.

Rich said:
No I wasn't aware, we call it clay pigeon, the correct term :cool:

So do we, but the sport is known as Trap or Skeet.

In Skeet the clay pigeons are launched from one of two towers. And the shooters advance around a semicircle “court” with shooting positions. They take turns shooting “pigeon” from one tower or the other.

In Trap the pigeons are launched away from the shooter from a box in random vectors.

jsanders said:
So do we, but the sport is known as Trap or Skeet.

In Skeet the clay pigeons are launched from one of two towers. And the shooters advance around a semicircle “court” with shooting positions. They take turns shooting “pigeon” from one tower or the other.

In Trap the pigeons are launched away from the shooter from a box in random vectors.

Sounds great fun I could go for that, just have to remember to hold the 12 bore hard against me shoulder. :cool:

Rich said:
Sounds great fun I could go for that, just have to remember to hold the 12 bore hard against me shoulder. :cool:

That's part of the beauty of the gas operated shotguns from Remington, they have much reduced recoil.

Rich,
Speaking of Job titles.
Have you ever been a chipper. I think that's the right word.

jsanders said:
Rich,
Speaking of Job titles.
Have you ever been a chipper. I think that's the right word.
If you mean chippie then yes although when at school I wasn't really interested in carpentry, mainly because the miserable git of a teacher, who was so old he'd also taught my father, wouldn't let me make what I wanted.
I ended up making the proverbial footstool, that in the end was held together with 6" nails :eek:

KenHigg said:
This is going to be a really long thread...:D

(Esp when the hors... er, I mean when Col gets back..:p .)
Why? Rich has handled the discussion, what more can I add?

Col

ShaneMan said:
As far as "hating Americans" pointed at you and Colin. I thought I was asking a question more than making a statement. I have read yours and Colins remarks about American and Americans, and came to the conclusion that these two guys sure have a lot of negative things to say about us so they must hate us,
alot of people mistake negative comments as "hating" something, I am negative about the UK - I am negative about Iran at the moment, but have happy memories of friendly people and beautiful buildings, bazaars in Tehran and Isfahan. Many Americans I have met whilst travelling have always been friendly, ultra-polite and genuinely nice people.

It would be interesting to find out how many Americans on this forum have actually been outside the USA, if so, where have they been.
ShaneMan said:
but the very next response on my part was to say "hate was too strong of a word." I never meant to come across as attacking and if that's the way you took it then please accept my apology.
Apology accepted

Col

ColinEssex said:
It would be interesting to find out how many Americans on this forum have actually been outside the USA, if so, where have they been.

So, why didn't you start a new thread on that? :confused: :p

MrsGorilla said:
So, why didn't you start a new thread on that? :confused: :p
Hi Cindy,

If I started a new thread, I could invisage it as being mis-interpreted by some as "having a go" at Americans - especially if they haven't been overseas.:rolleyes:
The British are always popping over to Europe, even for a day trip. I realise its much more expensive to travel from the USA to anywhere, like Europe

Col

Last edited:
ColinEssex said:
Hi Cindy,

If I started a new thread, I could invisage it as being mis-interpreted by some as "having a go" at Americans - especially if they haven't been overseas.:rolleyes:
The British are always popping over to Europe, even for a day trip. I realise its much more expensive to travel from the USA to anywhere, like Europe

Col

Morning Col,

There's a difference between out of the country and over seas.

Last edited:
jsanders said:
Morning Col,

Good afternoon Josie,

I don't think I said "out of the country" - I said

It would be interesting to find out how many Americans on this forum have actually been outside the USA
- to anywhere, including overseas

How you interpret that is obviously causing you some problem:rolleyes: so I shall refrain from being drawn into a debate on the wording, as I think its quite clear what I meant

Col

jsanders said:
Morning Col,

Not for us unless you count Wales or Scotland as out of the country.;)

Rich said:
I think we have to include N.I. even though it's overseas :confused: :D
No. Wales and Scotland = out of the country but not overseas. NI is overseas so I didn't include it in my statement. You must learn to read these posts accurately.:D

jsanders said:
Morning Col,

Josie's thought seems to be that overseas is not out of the country:confused:

Col

ColinEssex said:
Josie's thought seems to be that overseas is not out of the country:confused:

Col
That was fun.

But we can be out of the country and not be over seas.

I have traveled a little and been out of the country several times and over seas once.

ColinEssex said:
to Skye?;)

Col

Tobago - preferably:D

Honestly that Rich! He's in danger of upsetting me with his vicious response to my post. :eek: I'm only trying to put him on the straight and narrow so that his reputation will not be tarnished.;) I'd hate him to become unpopular.:rolleyes: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom