Job Titles

reclusivemonkey said:
Spot Quiz: Who in history conquered the most territory? (No prize, just for fun :) )

Genghis Khan. :cool:

(by more than double the runner-up)

Last edited:
MrsGorilla said:
I didn't say that you never owned one, I meant that you don't own one now. You're right, that comment was probably unneccessary seeing as how I would have no idea whether you own a Bible or have ever owned one, but was based on the completely condescending and flippant way you argue your points, and the unneccessarily rude and mean comments you often throw out there, and of course, the fact that you (almost) never admit you were wrong. You see, I've made my mind up based on the evidence as well, but you and have come to different conclusions. I, however, can still see that people who have formed different opinions may have very valid opinions even though they differ from mine. You, cannot. This, to me, defies the "open mindedness" that you claim to embrace. That's all I have to say on this, I won't waste any more of my valuable time discussing it with someone who doesn't have the guts to admit when he's out of line.
I am open minded, I again ask how one can claim to be a true Christian and yet keep slinging personal insults at me.
I'm attacking an ethos, I've singled out nobody for a personal attack and yet I've been subject to a torrent of what can only be described as abuse. Is that the Christian message? :rolleyes:
oh by the way I could probably put my hand on at least two bibles in my house, including my daughters, nobody wanted to buy them at the boot sale.

Rich said:
I am open minded, I again ask how one can claim to be a true Christian and yet keep slinging personal insults at me. I'm attacking an ethos, I've singled out nobody for a personal attack and yet I've been subject to a torrent of what can only be described as abuse. Is that the Christian message? :rolleyes:
oh by the way I could probably put my hand on at least two bibles in my house, including my daughters, nobody wanted to buy them at the boot sale.

Yes, you claim you're not making personal insults because you don't mention people by name, but clearly people were insulted, don't you think? I made one comment that was out of line and I admitted it, which is more than I can say for you, yet you still are harping on it. The rest of what I said was merely debate. Do you feel that Christians shouldn't be allowed to argue their points of view? I haven't really seen anyone make any rude comments to you, everyone was just disagreeing with you. Even the comment I made (which I admitted was wrong) paled in comparison to the insulting posts you continue to make. I always do my best not to make personal attacks but was merely trying to point out why I thought your initial comment was completely out of line. Obviously I would have more luck talking to a brick wall so I'm through with it.

This forum isn't the proper place for such a debate anyway. From now on, if you have insulting comments to make about other people's beliefs (again, how open minded is that?) then place them in the Politics and Current Events thread. The Watercooler should be a place where people can come and talk to each other and joke with each other without being insulted or offended. This is my last post in this thread.

Last edited:
I don't usually come onto the forum Thurs through Sun as I'm at home and my main aim of coming onto the forum is to help even if my 386 brain usually gets outperformed by the young pentiums :) but one's gotta try.:D

This thread got hijacked good style, what i cannot understand is why anybody bothers to argue with Rich , whereas some people move the goalposts during an argument Rich moves the whole damn stadium,

I see Jsanders, what is his/her first name, Joe Josey Jenny , anyway he is as bad as Rich for wild generalities, he has 1 Brit argueing against him ! arguing against that brit but still manages to decide that all Brits are jealous of America:confused:

Brian

Brianwarnock said:
This thread got hijacked good style, what i cannot understand is why anybody bothers to argue with Rich , whereas some people move the goalposts during an argument Rich moves the whole damn stadium,

Brian

I never moved anything Brian, just made a comment which brought out a good Christian response.

Brianwarnock said:
I don't usually come onto the forum Thurs through Sun as I'm at home and my main aim of coming onto the forum is to help even if my 386 brain usually gets outperformed by the young pentiums :) but one's gotta try.:D

I see Jsanders, what is his/her first name, Joe Josey Jenny , anyway he is as bad as Rich for wild generalities, he has 1 Brit argueing against him ! arguing against that brit but still manages to decide that all Brits are jealous of America:confused:

Brian

It was supposed to be tongue and cheek, as you guys say.
Funny though, that of all the post I wrote on this thread, you chose that one to answer.

Funny, don't you think?

MrsGorilla said:
Yes, you claim you're not making personal insults because you don't mention people by name, but clearly people were insulted, don't you think? I made one comment that was out of line and I admitted it, which is more than I can say for you, yet you still are harping on it. The rest of what I said was merely debate. Do you feel that Christians shouldn't be allowed to argue their points of view? I haven't really seen anyone make any rude comments to you, everyone was just disagreeing with you. Even the comment I made (which I admitted was wrong) paled in comparison to the insulting posts you continue to make. I always do my best not to make personal attacks but was merely trying to point out why I thought your initial comment was completely out of line. Obviously I would have more luck talking to a brick wall so I'm through with it.

This forum isn't the proper place for such a debate anyway. From now on, if you have insulting comments to make about other people's beliefs (again, how open minded is that?) then place them in the Politics and Current Events thread. The Watercooler should be a place where people can come and talk to each other and joke with each other without being insulted or offended. This is my last post in this thread.

Please don't lecture me on where on when I can post, I was attacked early in this thread by a Christian who called into question my beliefs and personal feelings. I responded like for like, although oddly enough he and I went on to have a nice chat, even though I still don't accept his version of the ten commandments.

jsanders said:
It was supposed to be tongue and cheek as you guys say.
Funny though that of all the post I wrote on this thread you chose that one to answer.

Funny, don't you think?
You didn't write much else, only that you'd stick a shotgun up somebodys ass :p

Rich said:
You didn't write much else, only that you'd stick a shotgun up somebodys ass :p

Only if they deserve it. hehehehe

Brianwarnock said:

How right you are. He claims to have been attacked when only asked a question of, then posts insults, then spends 20 pages defending his attrocious behaviour. Oh, well. That's why I've washed my hands of it. :rolleyes:

Finally come to my senses and realized who it was I was arguing with. :D

Brianwarnock said:
...what i cannot understand is why anybody bothers to argue with Rich...
It's because he starts out either being somewhat reasonable or engaging in light banter, which ropes people in. Then when he royally pisses people off, it's hard to walk away.

Kraj said:
It's because he starts out either being somewhat reasonable or engaging in light banter, which ropes people in. Then when he royally pisses people off, it's hard to walk away.

Perhaps just changing the avatar might help. Fighting with an adorable picture of a teddy bear would be harder than with this mask.

Now if he had a avatar of a phantom mask....*licks lips* Mmm..never mind. :D Wrong form for that.

Kraj said:
Oh but royally pissing me off by accusing me of hatred is ok ?:rolleyes:

Did someone here something? I swear I hear this faint whining sound....

MrsGorilla said:
Who accused you of that? :confused:
So one man is all it takes for you or Colin to hate America and Americans? All of your anti-American/anti-America flames, are because you do not like/hate President Bush ?

Rich said:
So one man is all it takes for you or Colin to hate America and Americans? All of your anti-American/anti-America flames, are because you do not like/hate President Bush ?

OK, so I can see that. But, to be honest, it certainly does come across as if you guys hate Americans sometimes, with all of your barbed comments. You don't exactly bring on the warm fuzzies either. ;)

I was hoping I didn't say something to insinuate that because if so I didn't mean to. I sure didn't appreciate that one comment but I know from how long I've been around that you are not a hateful person...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom