Keep off the grass

• Thread starter Thread starter Rich
  • Start date Start date
FoFa said:
So either he was not thinking, or he cared more about killing the 15 year old than his yard. What do you think?

Well, considering the calm and collected manner he used when placing the 911 call to say he had killed the kid, I'm leaning more towards the latter. ;)

dan-cat said:
Do I get a banana? :p

I'm fresh out. You should have asked me earlier. :cool:

MrsGorilla said:
I'm fresh out. You should have asked me earlier. :cool:

That's a little inconsiderate. Maybe next time you'll show your forum neighbours a little more respect when it comes to munching on the fruit supplies...:mad: :p

Rich said:
well there we have it, straight from the horses mouth :eek: :cool: :p

You have no idea how much allowance I afford you :p

dan-cat said:
Nah, I'm sorry. The primary cause for this boys death is that the dude pulled the trigger. I don't think you can dilute his responsibility for that decision by putting forth a hypothetical situation.
Wish you would get off the "this dosn't justify the shooting", not trying to.
Except it really is not hypothectical, as more what if that path was taken (Ok close, but bear with me).
So you have a neighbor, that yells at kids (cause kids goof off and go of the sidewalk), yells at adults because their dogs won't stay on the sidewalk (DAH), and in general pisses everyone off by yelling at them to stay off his yard (even if you are only on the sidewalk).
What do you tell your 10 year old son who crosses his yard multi-times a day?
He calls and tells you your son was riding his bike on his lawn, and if he does it again he will call the police. You talk to your son and he says his buddy bumped him and road off the sidewalk accidentally. What do you tell him?
The guy calls again and says he is suing because your dog used his lawn as it's bathroom. You didn't even know the dog was loose (got out of the fence when your son left the gate unlatched). He says how would you like it if he came down and did the same in your yard. Now what do you say?
He chases your son as he and his friends ride past his house on the sidewalk.
By now your thinking he is an anal retentive old guy that needs to get a life. Does your son hear you talk that way? How about his buddies and their parents who have been through the same? Kids will now gang up on this guy just to piss him off. Where does it lead? :confused:

dan-cat said:
That's a little inconsiderate. Maybe next time you'll show your forum neighbours a little more respect when it comes to munching on the fruit supplies...:mad: :p

Hey, I'll gladly share. YOU try walking on all the banana peels in my office. :rolleyes:

FoFa said:

I understand your position. But all I actually said was that his responsibility for his actions can't be diluted. I know you're not seeking to justify his actions.

FoFa said:
So you have a neighbor, that yells at kids (cause kids goof off and go of the sidewalk), yells at adults because their dogs won't stay on the sidewalk (DAH), and in general pisses everyone off by yelling at them to stay off his yard (even if you are only on the sidewalk).
He calls and tells you your son was riding his bike on his lawn, and if he does it again he will call the police. You talk to your son and he says his buddy bumped him and road off the sidewalk accidentally. What do you tell him?
The guy calls again and says he is suing because your dog used his lawn as it's bathroom. You didn't even know the dog was loose (got out of the fence when your son left the gate unlatched). He says how would you like it if he came down and did the same in your yard. Now what do you say?
By now your thinking he is an anal retentive old guy that needs to get a life. Does your son hear you talk that way? How about his buddies and their parents who have been through the same? Kids will now gang up on this guy just to piss him off. Where does it lead? :confused:

You've basically illustrated my point. Things don't always go the way you want them to in reality. You have to take responsibility for this fact. The parents didn't take the necessary steps, the kid didn't use common sense, the man was unbalanced. Lesson to be learnt: Not everyone else is going to behave in a way that you think is acceptable so make allowances for it. Be flexible. I don't think this dude taught any kind of lesson. He just got it wrong - plain and simple.

dan-cat said:
I don't think this dude taught any kind of lesson. He just got it wrong - plain and simple.

Which is just one more reason why this gun ho culture of the US has to end:rolleyes:

FoFa said:
Except it really is not hypothectical, as more what if that path was taken (Ok close, but bear with me).

I don't get it. You say you are not trying to justify the old guy's actions, and yet you create this whole fantasy world of "what if this happened?" when you have no idea what happened, and you were the one to say that we shouldn't be getting all on the old guy till the whole story comes out. Probably what we have heard already is all that we will hear, and yet you are making up completely off the wall situations. Yes, the old guy says the kid and his family "harrassed" him for 5 years, but again, that is the old guy's PERCEPTION. Basically, the facts we know are that the 15 year old kid walked on his lawn at least once, and got shot for it. I don't really care about the hypotheticals behind either of their situations - whether the 15 year old was an angel or a gang member, or whether the old guy was being harrassed every day, or had dementia. He told the authorities that he shot the kid because he walked on his lawn. Pretty damn petty, no matter what the situation.

Lisa

Rich said:
Which is just one more reason why this gun ho culture of the US has to end:rolleyes:

Am I mistaken or was that you actually agreeing with me on something? :D

lmnop7854 said:
I don't get it. You say you are not trying to justify the old guy's actions, and yet you create this whole fantasy world of "what if this happened?" when you have no idea what happened, and you were the one to say that we shouldn't be getting all on the old guy till the whole story comes out.
Actually not hypothetical. Happen almost exactly that way in my neigborhood when I was in highschool. I remember my friends talking about how their parents thought this old guy was going end up shooting some kid walking on his yard. I know some of the younger kids (I was in like 11th grade, but some 7th/8th grades younger) started harrassing the guy over it. If memory servers he took to sit'n on the porch with a shotgun until the cops arrested him. BUT the point is it can exculate into something more given time, and parents turning an eye to the problem.
And if the 15 year old could carry a gun, maybe he would got the old man first :rolleyes:

FoFa said:
And if the 15 year old could carry a gun, maybe he would got the old man first :rolleyes:
Even more reason for America to end this absurd love of the gun:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom