My trip and the NHL

hooks said:
She sounded like a keeper.
would that be innkeeper ? :confused:
aw hell, what the puck do I know...............

Rich said:
and how much of it I've swallowed previously :cool:

So, as the glass becomes more empty, does your outlook on things improve or diminish? ;)

MrsGorilla said:
So, as the glass becomes more empty, does your outlook on things improve or diminish? ;)
depends on what's in it to start with and incidentally it's bloody empty at the minute :mad: :D

lmnop7854 said:
I just think it is the best sport to see live!Lisa

While I'm a huge basketball fan and enjoy that moreso than any other sport I may have to agree that hockey is the best sport to see "live". Seeing the hockey action live is so much more exhilarating than basketball or football I think. It also doesn't help when you get lousy seats to games though. I went to an Indiana basketball game years ago and we were WAAAYYY up at the top. It was neat being there, but as far as the game went I would have been able to see it better on tv. :rolleyes:

Rich said:
depends on what's in it to start with and incidentally it's bloody empty at the minute :mad: :D

So your outlook is bad then? :D

Hooks:

Welcome to the wonderful world of hockey!! NHL games are the best to see - the first time I went to one, we had seats behind the goal, just about high enough so that if it popped out of play I would get it in my face. I spent a lot of time ducking.

Now we sit down low enough so we can see everything, and I just think it is the best sport to see live!

Lisa

The arena that i watched the hockey game was the same arena that a 12 year old girl got got hit in the head with a puck and died the next day at the hospital. That is why the NHL now has those large nets above the glass behind the goals.

While I'm a huge basketball fan and enjoy that moreso than any other sport I may have to agree that hockey is the best sport to see "live". Seeing the hockey action live is so much more exhilarating than basketball or football I think. It also doesn't help when you get lousy seats to games though. I went to an Indiana basketball game years ago and we were WAAAYYY up at the top. It was neat being there, but as far as the game went I would have been able to see it better on tv.

Hockey has always been my favorite sport. Mainly becuase of the fighting. Not so much because they fight but for the reasons that they fight. Hockey is the only sport that i know of where the players really stick up for each other. If you do something obviously dirty to another player then you can count on getting you A** beaten. The reason they allow this is because the players are very big and they are carrying a freaken stick. Someone could really get hurt running around giving people cheap shots. I don't like the hockey brawlers fighting against the skill players though. Thats not what its about.

I am going to get in trouble with all of you on the other side of the pond but i have a few comments regarding Soccer - Football whatever you call it. I went through a phase of watching this stuff. It was ok to watch and i appreciated the skill of the players. What i hated about it was that anytime someone barley touches someone else they fall to their knees like they are really hurt. Then as soon as they blow the whistle the player hops up and is perfectly ok. What a joke. Play like men. I got sick of that and quit watching.

Thats all for now.

hooks said:
Hockey has always been my favorite sport.

Football (American) has always been my favorite to watch both live and on television. Baseball and hockey both come in a close second but they are games that, while I like actually going to the games to watch, I can't sit and watch them on TV. Basketball I can live without. Just never got into it.

hooks said:
I am going to get in trouble with all of you on the other side of the pond but i have a few comments regarding Soccer - Football whatever you call it. I went through a phase of watching this stuff. It was ok to watch and i appreciated the skill of the players. What i hated about it was that anytime someone barley touches someone else they fall to their knees like they are really hurt. Then as soon as they blow the whistle the player hops up and is perfectly ok. What a joke. Play like men. I got sick of that and quit watching.

I, as a former soccer player, don't even enjoy watching soccer all that much. It's much more fun to play than it is to watch. :p

hooks said:
The arena that i watched the hockey game was the same arena that a 12 year old girl got got hit in the head with a puck and died the next day at the hospital. That is why the NHL now has those large nets above the glass behind the goals.

Yeah, I remember that. That was aweful.

hooks said:
Hockey has always been my favorite sport. Mainly becuase of the fighting. Not so much because they fight but for the reasons that they fight. Hockey is the only sport that i know of where the players really stick up for each other. If you do something obviously dirty to another player then you can count on getting you A** beaten. The reason they allow this is because the players are very big and they are carrying a freaken stick. Someone could really get hurt running around giving people cheap shots. I don't like the hockey brawlers fighting against the skill players though. Thats not what its about.

Yeah, the fighting has always been pretty cool except for Bertuzzi-like cheap shots like you said. It's funny how fighting is generally excepted in hockey, yet when it comes to basketball (or most any other sports for that matter) fighting is not condoned and comes with a stiff penalty/fine. It's also funny that fighting in hockey is acceptable yet a player fighting in other sports is regarded as a poor role model who's in need of serious anger management. :rolleyes:

hooks said:

Thats all for now.

I've never really cared for soccer much at all. I too admire the skill and athleticism soccer players have, but I only consider soccer's entertainment value to be just a notch above that of NASCAR. NASCAR, by the way has about as much entertainment value as watching a turd circle the bowl a few times before dissapearing. When I was younger I've had some fun playing soccer in gym class and with neighborhood kids, but as far as watching it....no thank you.

NASCAR, by the way has about as much entertainment value as watching a turd circle the bowl a few times before dissapearing.

Man you are a Genius.

That is hilarious

NJudson said:
I've never really cared for soccer much at all. I too admire the skill and athleticism soccer players have, but I only consider soccer's entertainment value to be just a notch above that of NASCAR.

Yes it's true soccer's just too sophisticated for some cultures, I have tried watching what you call football but quite honestly it's more fun watching paint dry.

Cindy said:
I, as a former soccer player, don't even enjoy watching soccer all that much. It's much more fun to play than it is to watch.

Did you ever score?

What i hated about it was that anytime someone barley touches someone else they fall to their knees like they are really hurt. Then as soon as they blow the whistle the player hops up and is perfectly ok.

That's because they're not dressed up like this
Michelin%20Man.jpg

or this

Bertie.jpg

NJudson said:
I've never really cared for soccer much at all. I too admire the skill and athleticism soccer players have, but I only consider soccer's entertainment value to be just a notch above that of NASCAR. NASCAR, by the way has about as much entertainment value as watching a turd circle the bowl a few times before dissapearing. When I was younger I've had some fun playing soccer in gym class and with neighborhood kids, but as far as watching it....no thank you.

I like watching soccer, but it isn't as popular a sport in the US as it is in the UK, so there isn't that much to watch. It is pretty popular in my city - we even built a soccer stadium - but I would have to pay to see locals play, and that just isn't in the cards.

And in defense of NASCAR, although your analogy is very relevant, I have always been a huge racing fan. We used to go to Michigan to see Indy cars (CART, Champ cars, open wheel, whatever you want to call them) race, and it was even more exhilarating than seeing hockey. Being against the fence and watching a pack of cars go flying by - the noise, and the wind, and everything - I just screamed, because there was nothing else to do. Have to say I have never seen a NASCAR race - too crowded. Would still like to go though.

I also agree with Cindy - can't watch baseball on TV. Bore, bore, bore. Have to see that live. Although after watching hockey on TV, and figuring out how to watch it so that you can see what is going on, I find football to be almost too boring and slow to watch. Run a play, stand around for 10 minutes, run another play. But I still watch it.

Lisa

And in defense of NASCAR, although your analogy is very relevant, I have always been a huge racing fan. We used to go to Michigan to see Indy cars (CART, Champ cars, open wheel, whatever you want to call them) race, and it was even more exhilarating than seeing hockey. Being against the fence and watching a pack of cars go flying by - the noise, and the wind, and everything - I just screamed, because there was nothing else to do. Have to say I have never seen a NASCAR race - too crowded. Would still like to go though.

You should go to your local dirt track. Hillbilly style. The races last about 15 minutes and you get mud and dirt thrown on you. Very fun, fast and exciting.

hooks said:
You should go to your local dirt track. Hillbilly style. The races last about 15 minutes and you get mud and dirt thrown on you. Very fun, fast and exciting.

Done that, too - we used to vacation every year in Myrtle Beach, SC, and there are tons of stock car racing tracks down there. So we would go to the local track one night, and enjoy the sights and sounds of down home racing. Love it.

Lisa

Rich said:
Aren't they waiting for the adverts to finish ?:confused:

Not always. Waiting for the ball to be moved, and if it has to be measured, then that is more time, then some huddle time for the play to be called, and then they line up. And if there was a time out, or an injury, you may go to a commercial, depending on how close the score is, and how soon til the end of the game. :eek:

Lisa

Rich said:
that's where they stand around cuddling and kissing each other ?:confused:

Yeah - and patting each other on the ass.:D

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom