Office 14.0 Object Library causes freezes (1 Viewer)

w11184

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:13
I am having a really annoying problem at the moment. I have VBA code that makes use of the Microsoft Office 14.0 Object Library, but if I have this selected whenever I try to do anything in the Form Design view it is constantly freezing. It will literally say not responding" for a minute or so then I will have control again.

If anyone could tell me what is causing this then it is much appreciated!

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I do not see any reason why a reference would make your code freeze. Probably the form you are trying to control is a SubForm on a main Form? This will cause some lag issue. Or the form you are trying to use requires other tables that are not actively connected to your Front end?

Have you tried the normal Compact & Repair, Compile? See if anything throws?

w11184

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah it is very weird. I've tried compacting but didn't really help.
The code is very simple and there is only one table in it. I know it is the library because when I remove it then the problem goes away.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Can you upload the DB after removing any sensitive data?

w11184

Registered User.
Local time
Strangely enough I seem to have fixed it. I saved the database in the old mdb format, opened it and then open the new format file again and the problem seems to have gone away...for now

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Well I cannot recreate your problem ! So I am sorry I cannot be of much help here. Good luck !

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Double check that you have a default printer, and that it isn't a network printer. That can cause delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom