Oldie but Newbie (1 Viewer)

Beans

Local time
Today, 17:13
Every few years whether I need to or not, I find myself trying to do something in a database. The first time was DOS-based Foxpro with amber pixels, then Paradox (around 1993), then Access something, Access 2000, and a wee tiny try in Access 2003. I got some help there, was able to use it, but it didn't really do what I thought it could have. We'll, I'm back, with Access 2007 running in XP, about to endure a corporate port to Access 2010 on Windows 7 platform. :banghead:

What I'm trying to do this time, and most of what I have done in the past, is qualitative data analysis. I've got a mess of interview data, with much more to come, and the usual methods of Excel just won't cut it, as far as I'm concerned. Plan to use a form to enter the answers to the questions in full text, then another form for coding each answer, and then build queries to run sort of crosstab approach.

I can pass for an engineer among lawyers, a lawyer among engineers (and even some normal people), but basically I'm just an English major and a policy wonk. No real Access skill, but often luck out with the G**gle.

Now that I'm here, I'll search for QDA, but sure would appreciate any pointers from anyone who's done this before. Always too cheap to buy the products designed to do this, like NVivo, Atlas.ti, and suspect they don't quite get to where I want to go.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom