Once Again Republicans Blink and Sellout to Democrats (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:45
I heard even Colorado is now sending migrants to 'those places'. In my opinion this makes TX and AZ's tactic a success.
They have somewhat succeeded in making immigration an ISSUE even from the eyes of Democrats and within their party.
I see NY's attitude "oh my gosh, this is an emergency" as a huge success. It means everyone can now see publicized with their own eyes how it feels to get a fraction of the influx that tiny TOWNS in TX, AZ have been getting for 2 years.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
maybe he wanted it documented to be pointed to instead of a speech that gets cherry picked for quotes ?
Biden at the border is a once in a lifetime opportunity Abbott could have laid it out in front of the cameras and forced a Biden response.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:45
Definitely the fact that the Democrats are more unified than we are (at least for now
No, they are just TERRIFIED of the Wicked Witch of San Francisco. They do not dare to vote against her without her permission.
If Trump is unlikely to win, we need to get behind someone else - all of us, 100%.
Sorry Issac but you're living in la la land. The feckless Republicans have NOT solved the problems that allowed the Democrats to cheat in 2020 and in 2022 so there will be no Republican who can win the Presidency, Trump or not Trump, in 2024. PERIOD. Except maybe a Rino. Biden will run from the Old Folks Home and he'll win by overwhelming numbers just like he did in 2020 when he ran from his basement and couldn't get a crowd larger than 50 people to show up at a rally or if he is so bad they can't even pretend he is competent any more, they'll let the hyena run and even though she couldn't get enough to support to even stay in the race for 2020, she will all of a sudden be the golden girl in 2024. Rino's are no threat to the Dems. Trump is a huge threat otherwise he wouldn't still be living rent free in their heads and we wouldn't be going into our third year of "Jan 6" being the worst thing that happened in America since the Civil War. DeSantis is less of a threat but not so much that they wouldn't cheat again if they had to.

Apparently, you don't find it hard to believe that a man running for president from his basement, who couldn't draw a crowd bigger than 50 people for a rally even if he was backed by a rock star, won 10 million MORE votes than Obama and beat the wildly popular Trump by 6 million? Right, and I've got a nice bridge for sale maybe you'd like to buy it.

The solution to winning the Presidency in 2024 was to fix the issues with the way ballots are handled and counted. But, the Republicans in Congress were so happy that the evil orange man was gone, that they couldn't even think that that there might have been even a tency tiny problem with vote counting. Just like in 2020, we will be watching videos a week after the election in 2024 watching the same person travelling around a large city from drop box to drop box, with side trips back to DNC headquarters to pick up more, inserting hundreds, maybe thousands of ballots over the course of the night. Doesn't seem illegal to me. What? doesn't everyone go to the drop box in the middle of the night, every night, with dozens of ballots from their closest friends and relatives? They're just being neighborly and helping get out the vote.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm really surprised that no one else sees an issue with open voting for your "boss". Maybe you're all to altruistic to see this as an issue. But it sure is why Pelosi got away with what she did for all the years she was Speaker. She punished anyone who got in her way, including Republicans.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Biden at the border is a once in a lifetime opportunity Abbott could have laid it out in front of the cameras and forced a Biden response.
I suppose. I just give the benefit of the doubt that he had his reasons we don't know. Abbott has already proved himself to me in the area of not being shy, hence I'm reluctant to conclude that's the problem

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
At the election, on Tuesday the Republicans once again fizzled. Didn't see the Republican debate last night, but did wake-up to the call for Ronna McDaniel to resign. In the light of these losses, it is time for a change in Republican leadership. That would also including replacing Mitchell McConnell as the Republican leader in the Senate.
Mr. Ramaswamy said that since Mrs. McDaniel became chair in 2017, Republicans have lost seats in Congress and the White House in 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ronna McDaniel
Let us not forget that Ronna McDaniel is a Romney so her political never-Trump leanings should be quite obvious. Otherwise, why would she deliberately set up every Republican primary debate to disadvantage Trump. It's not like she was out negotiated by some Democrat. She did it willingly and with malice aforethought.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Personally, I think the Democrats celebration and the Republican purported weeping is MUCH overdone.
What happened in the elections was essentially what we already knew would happen - Cameron is a pretty decent candidate, but Beshear is a VERY much loved Democrat (and one of the better and more conservative ones, btw) - we know Beshear would win, so how is this cause to weep? A much beloved democract governor won reelection, so what?

The Ohio thing, well we pretty much already know what has happened to society on abortion. The liberals won by invented or re-arranging words, yet again. As soon as they convinced society that 'abortion is healthcare' (and people bought into it without thinking), the argument was done.
To me abortion is healthcare sometimes (if the life or health of the mother is in danger by not terminating the pregnancy, then sure, terminate the heck out of it), but not othertimes. A colonoscopy is usually healthcare, but I wouldn't consider it "healthcare" if the only reason I wanted one was the convenience of having the doctor wipe my butt, right? Dental crowns can be medically necessary, or they can be gangsta bling toothies. Obviously in the former case it's healthcare, in the latter case it's not.

This has nothing to do with the larger D vs. R fight going on. Remember, Trump is almost behind bars - and STILL ahead of Biden in most battleground states even - in the general election polls! If that doesn't reassure you, I don't know what possibly can.

The democrats are still totally in the losing position right now, they are hemorraghing support at the national level and nothign is changing that.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Ok this does it. You guys have me convinced. While I still hope that Republicans win next time - because I sincerely believe no matter what anyone says that they are the best hope we have NOW..... Yet, both parties need to be replaced!
And THAT is why they never will - while it is obvious BOTH parties are simply two sides of the same shitty coin, we are still more worried about making sure our side wins instead of concentrating on the real problem.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
And THAT is why they never will - while it is obvious BOTH parties are simply two sides of the same shitty coin, we are still more worried about making sure our side wins instead of concentrating on the real problem.
I'll grant you the fact that as long as most people are supporting a party, no party will be done away with - that's kind of self-defined, I suppose.
The Republicans' platform is great to me, they just need to live up to it.
A new party would be no different in that regard. They'd say things, like I agree with 99.9% of what the R say, the question is just living up to it.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
we are still more worried about making sure our side wins instead of concentrating on the real problem.
So, we should root for the people we think are more wrong?

The problem lies with the 2-party system which has now totally collapsed into a uni-party. Neither "side" represents the people. They are only in it for themselves.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So, we should root for the people we think are more wrong?
I do not have a solution, not sure if there even IS one at this point and even if there were, I don't think I would want to pay the price. But I DO know that the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
@Isaac; No disagreement concerning what you wrote. The Democrats were able to put together an unnatural coalition that is currently unraveling as you wrote: "The democrats are still totally in the losing position right now, they are hemorraghing support at the national level and nothign is changing that.", but Republicans seem to pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. Which is why this thread was reinvigorated as a result of Ramaswamy's call that Ronna McDaniel be removed as the Chairperson for the RNC.
  • It seems that the Republicans have been losing in both Georgia and Arizona as some Republicans have been consumed by internecine warfare caused by Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) which allowed the Democrats to win. This may have occurred in other states too.
  • Concerning Mitch McConnell; rumors abounded after the election that he purposely let certain Republican candidates for the Senate lose since they would have voted him out as the Republican leader in the Senate. If he actually did that, it is revolting. In subsequently observing McConnell performance, I have developed a degree of sympathy for this rumor that he failed to truly support the Republican cause.
The much anticipated "red wave" fizzled. Time for new Republican leadership.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Start with primarying the rhino's, the other side doesn't permit infiltrators why should the repubs...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
But I DO know that the lesser of two evils is still evil.
So, we shouldn't vote at all? Before the Democrats devolved into evil, I used to usually vote against the incumbent since it rarely mattered which candidate won. It was just my way of attempting to enforce term limits. They were both going to screw me and it would never be pleasant so at least I could try to minimize how rich they got off of selling their office.

We've never before had a president who had stooped to selling his office. Usually, the party would be too embarrassed to nominate someone like Biden who has been selling his office since the beginning but the Dems have such a head lock on the DOJ, FBI, social media and the Supremes, they knew they could get away with it. We do have other instances though of cheating in Presidential elections. There is a good chance that JFK's father bought the office for him. For Joe, the party did the dirty deed.

When you're a banana republic, it doesn't much matter whether or not individuals vote or who they vote for but hope springs eternal so I voted this week and I voted for the scumbag Republicans rather than the scumbag Democrats not that it mattered. CT is so blue, the Dems have to cheat against each other since the Republicans don't matter.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
So, we shouldn't vote at all?
I didn't say that and I don't advise it, although I am convinced it is rigged. However, if people would take the time and open their eyes to how bad we are getting screwed by this two-party paradigm and vote for a third party - maybe, just maybe - we could break out of this shitty cycle.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
People have been trained to vote the party line. The old manual voting machines made that very easy. Rather than flipping switches for individuals, you just pulled the party lever. But, the new machines we use are just scanners. You vote on paper and then feed the paper into the scanner. My big beef with the system CT uses is that the ballots are not numbered. Therefore, it is really easy to have ballots printed on heavy stock and just insert them where you need them. Since most precincts have different ballots, the prime cheating targets are large precincts that have large numbers of ballots so you don't have to cheat everywhere. Cheating with bogus ballots would be significantly more difficult if each ballot had a unique sequence number on it and you wouldn't be able to scan the same batch of ballots multiple times as they did in Georgia. It's such an easy thing, you'd think the election authorities would just adopt it but no, they refuse. It is almost like they want to make ballot stuffing as easy as possible.

I was pretty surprised in 2016 when Trump ran as a Republican. He was a Democrat all his life as are his children. But, since the Dems use a cheating system for their Presidential nominees, Trump couldn't beat Clinton in the primary so he had to run as a Republican where he at least had a chance to win the nomination. I was then flabbergasted by how the Democrats hated his policies. I thought he was way too liberal except maybe on abortion. But, he has personal experience with that topic. I'm pretty sure that if he had been pro-abortion as a method of birth control, Tiffany would have been aborted and Trump's first marriage would not have ended in divorce. So, he says what he means and means what he says and practices what he preaches. That's another reason the actual politicians hate him with such a purple passion. Contrast this with the ethics of Joe Biden who refuses to acknowledge one of his grandchildren because Hunter refuses to acknowledge her. At least that unfortunate mother was not your typical pro-abortion as a method of birth control Democrat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom