Palestinians Vote Terrorist Organization in to Run Country (1 Viewer)

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 08:19
Need I say more?

Yeah, it’s all about the big bad Israelis and their bully cousins the United States.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 13:19
Not to worry - old Condo is on to it

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said the US policy on Hamas was unchanged, and the movement would have to renounce violence.

"You cannot have one foot in politics and the other in terror," she said.

I love the last quote:rolleyes:

Col

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
As they say "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
The Stoat said:
As they say "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"

So a doctrine of complete genocide of Israel, is a worthy freedom call.
I see.

Have you become so anti American that you now applaud terrorist as well?

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
jsanders said:
I see.

Oh dear another total over reaction.

1. I'm not anti-American i'm anti-gobsh!te. Just because i slate you doesn't mean i slate all Americans ask Kraj.

2. The point i was making is you and they don't hold the same world view. Your reaction to the news shows you have no understanding of how they think and feel about the organisations such as Hamas and hence my comment. I neither said i agreed or disagreed with the politics of the Palestinan people. It was a quote representing the nature of such discussions and could as easily applied to Colin's point.

3. Israel is not an innocent by-stander in the Middle East. There are no innocent by-standers and that is the problem. Political and civilian murders have been carried out by both sides and the feelings of hatred are so entrenched that it will take a mighty effort of will from both sides to resolve. Hate begets hate and once one side sheds blood in revenge for an act however barbaric the circle is closed.

4. You may not be aware of the parallel with these events and Northern Ireland. This would appear to be the first step in disbanding military action. The political realities will come to bear and Israel will end up discussing matters with the Palestinian government including Hamas and the rest as the British Government did with Sein Fein/IRA. You read it here first.

5. You really need to get out more if your still at the black and white stage of political thinking.

TS

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
I see.

Joe, you've really been grouchy the last couple days.

*Elaboration removed because Stoat beat me to the punch*

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Kraj said:
Joe, you've really been grouchy the last couple days.

*Elaboration removed because Stoat beat me to the punch*

I know, It will pass.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
The Stoat said:

1. I'm not anti-American i'm anti-gobsh!te. Just because i slate you doesn't mean i slate all Americans ask Kraj.
TS

I already know that, I know you were being flippant.

The Stoat said:

2. The point i was making is you and they don't hold the same world view.

TS

They have a stated public goal of the total annihilation of Israel, and they have killed thousands in that quest.

The Stoat said:

Your reaction to the news shows you have no understanding of how they think and feel about the organisations such as Hamas and hence my comment. I neither said i agreed or disagreed with the politics of the Palestinan people. It was a quote representing the nature of such discussions and could as easily applied to Colin's point.
TS

My reaction to the news is less than 200 words, in the last 5 years I have probably dedicated two or three hundred thousand words of thought to it. It is highly unlikely you have any clue as to how I much I know about them.

The Stoat said:

3. Israel is not an innocent by-stander in the Middle East. There are no innocent by-standers and that is the problem. Political and civilian murders have been carried out by both sides and the feelings of hatred are so entrenched that it will take a mighty effort of will from both sides to resolve. Hate begets hate and once one side sheds blood in revenge for an act however barbaric the circle is closed.

TS

Of course. But an overwhelming majority of their people voted in a group with an agenda of Israel’s demise.

The Stoat said:

4. You may not be aware of the parallel with these events and Northern Ireland. This would appear to be the first step in disbanding military action. The political realities will come to bear and Israel will end up discussing matters with the Palestinian government including Hamas and the rest as the British Government did with Sein Fein/IRA. You read it here first.
TS

Yes, but did the Irish have 10 times the birth rate of the British?

The Stoat said:

5. You really need to get out more if your still at the black and white stage of political thinking.

TS

I think I argue both side of most issues quite well thank you.

R

Rich

jsanders said:

Yes, if they were Catholic.
I really can't see why your kicking up such a fuss, I thought the US was the champion of democracy, not if you don't like the election result eh!:rolleyes:

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
I really can't see why your kicking up such a fuss, I thought the US was the champion of democracy, not if you don't like the election result eh!:rolleyes:
Lol, good point! Why else do we have the CIA, eh?

The Stoat

The Grim Squeaker
Local time
jsanders said:

They have a stated public goal of the total annihilation of Israel, and they have killed thousands in that quest.

If this is not annihilation what is?

"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist, not only do the books not exists, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushu'a in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not one single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab Population." Moshe Dayan, Israeli military leader and politician in an address to the Technion, Haifa; as quoted in Ha'aretz (4 April 1969).

jsanders said:
My reaction to the news is less than 200 words, in the last 5 years I have probably dedicated two or three hundred thousand words of thought to it. It is highly unlikely you have any clue as to how I much I know about them.

Please direct me.

jsanders said:
Of course. But an overwhelming majority of their people voted in a group with an agenda of Israel’s demise.

Or they voted for a Government who would represent and protect them from Israel's aggression. Yet again it depends on if you have the guts to stand in the other man's shoes and see his point of view. You seem to be missing the long term view. If Israel and Palestine are ever to resolve their differences then those parties from both sides who advocate violence must be bought to the table. If radical groups like Hamas represent the people then they will be at the table by default. If Israel has the nerve - and i think it does - then this is the first step to a truce. This public posturing by Israel on the situation is an opening gambit, it appeases the fears of the extreme right within Israel - those Israelis who believe Palestine should be destroyed - and allows the real negotiations in the background to take place. This is exactly the tack that successive UK governments took with the IRA even during the worst parts of the conflict.

jsanders said:

The birth rate of Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland has always been an issue in Northern Ireland. It is an attributed reason for the unwillingness of the Protestant population to accept referenda on the re-unification of Ireland. Once the precident is set it would only be a matter of time before the vote would go against them. Studies of the 2002 census suggest however that the Catholics may never reach a majority. It does take into account a survey that suggests only 37% of Catholics would support re-unification. By 2021 however 47% of people of voting age in Northern Ireland will be Catholic - an easy caculation as all people in the 2002 census will be of voting age and the age of adult mortality is rising at a predictable rate. There is no clear answer to the question of how many Protestants would vote in a referendum so the answer is it would be very close.
What this has to do with the creation of two seperate sovereign states i'm an unclear on. Are you saying that a larger - and therefore majority - Palestinian population would not have their voice heard in a single Israeli state? Is this not the reason that a Palestinian state of sorts exists, to prevent such a situation?

jsanders said:
I think I argue both side of most issues quite well thank you.

Then do so because i have yet to see it.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
BBC News Condoleeza Rice said:
"You cannot have one foot in politics and the other in terror," she said

Perhaps the USA should review its arms sale policy

worldpolicy.org website said:
The use of U.S. weapons in the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian authority appears to be a clear violation of the U.S. Arms Export Control Act prohibiting U.S. weapons from being used for non-defensive purposes.

Israel is one of the United State’s largest arms importers. In the last decade, the United States has sold Israel $7.2 billion in weaponry and military equipment, $762 million through Direct Commercial Sales (DCS), more than $6.5 billion through the Foreign Military Financing (FMF) program.

In fact, Israel is so devoted to U.S. military hardware that it has the world's largest fleet of F-16s outside the U.S., currently possessing more than 200 jets.
Amnesty [International] estimates that in the six weeks from March 1, through mid-April, more than 600 Palestinians have been killed and over 3,000 wounded by Israeli soldiers.

What was it old Condo said about politics and terror?

Col

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
All I’m saying is that it looks like the Palestinians chose war.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
maybe, just maybe they'll get so sick of it a realise that sitting around as table will bring them huge rewards as the political wing of the IRA eventually realised.
Maybe the US should try and encourage that instead of just threatening sanctions

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
maybe, just maybe they'll get so sick of it a realise that sitting around as table will bring them huge rewards as the political wing of the IRA eventually realised.
Maybe the US should try and encourage that instead of just threatening sanctions

The United States Government is in a bad situation with this one.

As an official terrorist organization it is illegal for the US to have dealing with them.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
The United States Government is in a bad situation with this one.

As an official terrorist organization it is illegal for the US to have dealing with them.
The truth is that unless they or somebody does the violence will never end

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Rich said:
The truth is that unless they or somebody does the violence will never end

Yes but it may need to be up to a new negotiator.

Maybe China, maybe Britain.

Who knows because from where I stand I see destruction coming to the Middle East in Biblical proportions. And with the economics of oil like they are today; the sands in Canada are indeed looking pretty darn good.

R

Rich

jsanders said:
Yes but it may need to be up to a new negotiator.

Maybe China, maybe Britain.

Who knows because from where I stand I see destruction coming to the Middle East in Biblical proportions. And with the economic of oil like they are today; the sands in Canada are indeed looking pretty darn good.
Nah j, the middle east, aside from Iraq is more stable now than it was during the sixties and seventies, and the sand option's too expensive at the minute

RV

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:

Nobody "chooses" war.
And it's more that Israeli's and Palestinians started a row, ending up in a local terroristic guerrilla war led by both sides.
Both parties are involved in terroristic acts, so you shouldn't simply judge one side.
It's a far more complicated situation over there then you might think at first side ;)

Maybe it would help a bit if the USA threatened Israel to withdraw a considerable amount of the yearly contributions to a country that otherwise would have been bankrupt ages ago.
Well I guess that's politics, Israel's always been considered to be a satellite country to guarantee peace and stability in the Middle East.
You could almost call that ironic ;)

RV

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom